e l e v e n

"I'm so fucking stupid, why did I take it that far" he cursed himself with a shaking voice, gripping the steering wheel in a vice grip. He sped down the deserted streets, the light from the traffic lights and lanterns reflecting on the wet road. The radio blasted some stupid love song which made him sick to his stomach, so he turned it off, the only sounds coming from his fingers, who continuously tapped against the steering wheel anxiously. He pulled into her street, parking in front of her apartment complex and hurried to her door. He stopped in the hallway, taking a breath for the first time since he left the brothel. His heart hammered against his ribcage while he stood there, looking utterly lost staring at her door. 

Apartment 109 stared him down, it felt like, screaming all his sins at him through the silence. Somewhere behind him, a door opened and an old lady came out, gasping as she laid eyes on him. "Oh my goodness! You scared me, boy!" she said with a friendly voice, sighing as she got no answer. "Are you 'Kookie'?" she suddenly asked, making Jungkook jump and turn around to face her. "What? How-" The lady cut him off with a wave of her hand. "Mirae asked me to throw some Starbucks cups away for her last week. One read Kookie's little monster and I figured it had to be her boyfriend and then I figured it had to be her ex-boyfriend because she wanted to throw them away and then I figured it must be you since you are standing there with guilt written all over your handsome face." The old lady could go on for ages, he soon realized, making him smile a little at her quirkiness. It reminded him of his grandma. 

"I am Jungkook" he introduced himself with a small but sad smile. The lady grinned. "Well, Jungkook, you better knock on this door now and tell Mirae what you want to tell her. I can see that you want to" she insisted, stepping closer to him and pinching his cheek. Jungkook's eyes widened in surprise. "Maybe I will come back later, maybe she is not home" he tried to back out suddenly, the fear engulfed him all at once and he wanted to run. "Nonsense!" the old lady hissed, staring at the boy sternly, you are gonna knock on this door now or I will!" She must've realized how that threat fell on deaf ears because the next second she knocked oh door 109 and ran. Jungkook had never seen an old woman run so fast in his whole life. 

The surprise rendered him immobile and when he wanted to leave as well, it was already too late and the door opened. There she stood, in her pajamas, a cup of tea in her hand and wide eyes. Jungkook did not know what to say. He did not even realize how much he missed her, she looked so beautiful to him, although she wasn't even dressed properly. He opened his mouth to say something, probably really stupid that would ruin everything once again when she slapped him across the face, the sound echoing through the hallway. A quiet gasp was heard somewhere up the staircase, probably the old lady who spied on them now. 

Jungkook's head whipped around and he held his cheek lightly, his eyes wide open in shock. When he faced Mirae again, she was crying. "You asshole! How dare you come here again! Are you here for a second round, huh? Will you try to charm your way back into my pants again? I realized how naive I was, how stupid to trust a prostitute, no need to remind me!" Another gasp at the word prostitute, Jungkook really had to redeem himself from rolling his eyes. "I know I hurt you and I am sorry. I did not mean anything I said that time, you have to believe me" he pleaded softly, his hand reaching out to touch hers. Mirae jerked her hand back, but she did not close the door in his face like he expected her to. 

"Honestly, you weren't just a good fuck to me, like you should have been. I did not kiss you solely for the purpose of foreplay, I kissed you because I love you, as I realized later and I was scared of that. Because of you, I could not just go on sleeping with random women for money like I was supposed to do. I wanted only you to touch me, to see me like that and I wanted the only one to see you in your most vulnerable form. I realized I wanted to be with you through all of your periods to cuddle you and watch sappy movies and eat chocolate. I wanted to bring you Starbucks every morning and tell you how much I love you on the cup, I wanted to kiss you good morning and good night and every hour in between. I was so scared of wanting all that, so I pushed you away. Because it was easier to go on like I had than let myself be vulnerable" he ended, suddenly out of breath with all the confessing he just did. 

Mirae stared for a long time, mouth opening and closing. Jungkook looked at her feet in her fuzzy socks, too scared to meet her eyes. "Oh just kiss him already, he did a really good job in apologizing" the old lady suddenly spoke from next to them, making both of them flinch. "I will if he repeats those three words" Mirae whispered and Jungkook looked up hesitantly. "I love you?" Mirae smiled. "I love you too, asshole."

This book is finished! Only the epilogue is left now ^^ I hope you liked it and thank you so much for reading~~ I really love every single one of you who read this book, commented or voted <3 Is there anything you want me to do, to repay you guys?