TN | Backfire - 47

"Rosè, I tried to talk to them but this is not a good look for the company

"Rosè, I tried to talk to them but this is not a good look for the company." Christian explained to her, shaking his head. "They're going to protect you but if this doesn't blow over... we're talking termination."

Rosè stopped walking to look at Christian in his pale face. "Are you serious? You mean... I will be out of a job?" Rosè asked.

Christian frowned. "I am going to figure this thing out for you, Rosè, but I can't make any promises." He assured before turning to walk away. Rosè grabbed his arm and moved in for a whisper.

"Christian, I need this. I pull my ass and do the damn thing here. On top of that..." She trailed off, sighing. "I'm pregnant, Christian."

"Like I said... I'm going to try but you jeopardized this not me." Christian told her before walking down the busy hallway.

Rosè struggled to breathe for a few seconds before turning the corner and storming straight to the woman's bathroom. Zaida noticed her pass by and followed quickly after her.

"Rosè? Are you okay?" She asked as she watched Rosè rush into a stall.

Rosè didn't respond. Her heart was racing and her vision began to blur from the tears that spilled from her eyes. Soon, it was hard to mask the sobs that echoed out against the walls. Rosè covered her face as she tried to hold in the loud cries of her embarrassment and sadness. She fell against the stall and folded her body down.

"Rosè... are you crying? Let me in. What's going on?" Zaida asked, leaning against the door. "Is this about the lawsuit?"

"I'm so dumb... I should've thought about this shit before.." Rosè explained, shaking her head. "I was reacting off emotion... the same shit I used to preach all damn day not to do with other people."

"Listen to me, don't beat yourself up about this. You still have a job, you're still here. Don't live off what ifs, get out of that stall right now." Zaida demanded. "Right now, Rosè."

Rosè sniffled before wiping her face and getting up, leaving the stall. "You're right.. you're right."

"Don't put too much stress on the baby." Zaida said, rubbing her tummy.