~SIX~

{Criss's p.o.v.}

I was up in my room laying in the bed...in my underwear...holding Hammie in my arms...and rubbing on him gently as he was purring loudly...half asleep. My mom and brothers have been waiting for me to meet them downstairs...because they wanted to meet my wife...but I didn't have the heart to tell them that I chickened out and left before meeting her myself...deep down though I had a feeling that the girl that was on the bench was her...and from the distance I saw her...she didn't look bad at all...I just didn't want to be tied down...again...but I guess this was my father's last wish for me...to really be tied down with a wife I couldn't get away from if I tried.

I was just about to nod off to sleep...when my mommy came tapping at my door...asking me if I was alright...because I never stayed in bed this long...I slowly slid out from under Hammie...and scampered in my socked feet to the door in my underwear and opened the door for her...and told her I was fine...that I just didn't feel like greeting the day yet...I was in an emotional pickle right now. She looked around the room, as if looking for her...so I slightly rolled my eyes as I plopped on the sofa...and told her she wasn't here...and that I didn't meet her yet...but I was going to meet her later on this afternoon.

My mother looked at me and gave a long sigh...and asked me why I didn't meet her yesterday when I was supposed to...I stuttered a little bit and told her that I wasn't ready to meet her...and ran away like Chicken Little...then I moved over to where she was and pouted as I dropped my head on her lap...and told her I didn't want another wife...especially one I couldn't get rid of. My mom rubbed my head and told me it would be alright...and added that surely the girl wouldn't be as bad as all that. I slowly got up and told her that I should get dressed...and feed my furry son before he wakes up meowing at me for not having his food ready.

I came back out in my stressed out designer jeans...and my red affliction shirt...with my boots lazily put on without zipping them up...then I put Hammie's food in his dish and gave him fresh water for the day...then I went over to my mom and gave her a kiss and asked her how I looked for the first meeting...I didn't want to overdo it on the first introduction...she grabbed my cheeks and said that I looked fine no matter what crazy thing I put on...then she headed out the door with me following her...and said she would be down in the Mindfreak Store helping Jd and Lynn out...for they were rearranging everything...then added that she couldn't wait to see her new daughter-in-law.

I had my phone in my back pocket as I walked out the door of the Luxor and to my car once again to try to meet this wife of mine...I pulled my phone out of my pocket as I sat down in the car...and slowly hit the speed dial for her number...but when I got an answer it wasn't her...I listened for a moment and shockingly said, Kim!! There was no way my luck was turning this badly...my ex-girlfriend made friends with my new wife...that I haven't even met yet...I was fucked before I started...I very calmly asked her what she was doing with my wife's phone...and what did she say to her about me.

Kim gave a devilish snicker and said she only told me the truth...but then added that sometimes the truth was just a little painful to absorb...I slapped my face with my free hand...and asked her again what she told her about me...but she didn't answer...but I heard Kc in the background asking who rang her while she was in the shower...I heard Kim tell her that I was on the phone...then I heard the phone switch hands...as Kc slowly said hello. I tried to be in good cheer...for the hell I knew Kim told her about me...and asked her if she was ready to meet me today...that I wanted to take her out for a nice lunch...so we could get a chance to get to know one another a little bit.

Kc was a little caught off guard when she heard me say that to her...and stammered a little bit before telling me that would be fine...I told her that was great...then added that I was just now pulling up in the parking lot...and that I'd meet her in the lobby...I was sitting in the car thumping my fingers on the steering wheel...thinking about what to do...and how to act...I pounded on the dash once...and said fuck it all...and just be me...then I hopped out of the car and headed into the lobby...then I found an empty seat by the door and waited.

Kc looked over at Kim and told her that I was downstairs in the lobby waiting for her...then she quickly asked her what she thought she should do...or how should she act with him...Kim snickered and said that she could be the biggest bitch on the planet...and there be nothing he could do about it...because he was stuck with her...for life...then Kim asked her if she would please make my life very difficult...for her...and for all the women I made miserable...she giggled a little bit...and said she would have to get to know me...before she reigned terror on me...because for all she knew...maybe I would be different to her...and she wanted to have a little bit of leeway...and give me the benefit of the doubt...before she laid judgment on me...and ruin her chances of making it good...by being a major bitch from the get-go...Kim sighed but shook her head in understandment...as Kc put on her cut-off jean shorts...her Celldweller T-strap shirt...slipped on her sandals...then took a deep breath...and slowly left her room...and headed down to the elevator...to meet her destiny...while Kim stayed up in the room and took care of Spike.