part five

I grabbed my phone to call Amran when the girl suddenly speak, "Is she calling someone? Are we going somewhere safe? I really need to get out of this town ASAP" She asked Lance and I thought to myself, when will this girl are going to shut up. "I'm calling on my brother, the man in the car right there with his girlfriend, to figure out where the heck we are going" I stated and dial back my brother's number, can't even hide the irritating feelings I had towards her.

"Any safe place you know?"

"I just called dad and he said that California isn't affected...yet"

"Too far, unless he try to be a father and give a sh*t about us"

"This is not a good time to put so much hate on him, Anita."

"..."

"I need you to keep focus sister. If mom was here, she would have say the same thing"

"Okay I got what you mean, Amran. What should we do now?"

"We go home and make plans"

As a result, we went to our home.

***

"Are you okay?" Clyde asked as he saw me peeking on Lance and Sasha who was mingling in the living room. "Does that look okay?" I spoke in a slightly annoyed tone while pointing at them.

"I don't know, I don't wanna make things worse. Anyway, it is quite a relief that your neighborhood is not so badly affected" He quickly changed the topic.

"Where's your family?"

"They're all in Miami. I tried calling them, no answer" He told me, sounds like a grief in his voice. "I'm sorry, I just hope they're all fine" I pulled and hugged him tightly. 

Seconds later, I heard someone coughed a few feet behind me.