Not My Blood

(If anyone gets the reference in the title I love you. Its from War of The Worlds where Tim Robins is going crazy in the cellar after those things use human blood to make vegetation.)

I bend down and look at her. "Listen, Addie. No matter what happens, you have to survive. If you see any dead..." I pause.

I hold her hand with the gun in it.

"Shoot."

Tears rise in her eyes. "Will I ever see you again?" She asks as she looks at both of us. I nod with a smile.

"As soon as its all over, I will come and get you. I promise." I put my hands on the sides of her face and wipe her tears away with my thumb.

"I will do everything I can to keep you safe." I tell her.

She smiles and hugs me. Leon looks at me with a smile. I smile back as we get to the top floor.

The door opens and we see at least 25 zombies heading for us. I pull up my gun and shoot. Addie covers her ears and whimpers.

I let go of her and stand up and stand next to Leon, just ouside of the elevator.

  "Stay in the elevator!" I yell to Addie as I shoot the zombies.

I hear a loud crash behind me. The elevator was sliding down.

I dive to the ground and grab Addie's hands. "Leon shoot!" I scream as I try pull Addie out of the elevator. "Okay!" He yells over the zombies' growls.

I pull her out just in time for the elevator to fall. As it does, a giagantic peice of concrete drops from above and hits the floor next to us, causing the floor beneath us to crumble.

I scream as I fall and I grab Addie's hand, catching her. "Y/N!" Leon yells. "Keep shooting!" I yell. "Okay!" I hear him yell. 

"Crawl up and get to saftey!" I tell Addie. She starts crawling up my back and gets up to Leon and clings to him.

I try to pull myself up and the concrete i was holding onto crumbles. I scream and I reach up as I fall, next thing I know Leon was holding my hand.

"You are a sight for sore eyes." I laugh. He lets out a chuckle and pulls me up. I hear Addie giggle.

I look at the pile of bodies. "Nice work, Leon." I say and wipe the sweat from my forehead.

"Y/N!" He says with a shaky voice as he looks at my stomach "What?" I ask and look down.

I see my blood drenched shirt with a huge tear in it. I feel my stomach and feel no wound.

"It must not be my blood. Lets go, this building is falling apart." I say and run up the stairs and onto the roof. I see Helena and smile.

"What happened?!" She says as she looks at my bloody shirt.

"I dunno." I say. I guesture to Addie. "This is Addison." I tell Helena.

She smiles and shakes Addison's hand. "I'm going to take you somewhere safe, nothing can harm you there." Helena tells Addie.

She nods and looks back at me. "Keep your promise Y/N!" She says with a smile. I wave to her and smile back.

"I will!" I say and they take off in the chopper.