05

eating pizza :p

Works fine, I got promoted pretty quickly because of my business GCSE. It's not a lot but I'm better than some of the people working there. I'm earning about £10,000 a year and Casper's earning £11,000 because she works on Saturdays too.

We added it up.

The flats not too bad Gemma, I mean it's a living/kitchen , bathroom , bedroom and a tiny little room of the side off ours which doesn't have anything init. Apart from boxes.

We're slowly doing it up with the leftover money. Which isn't much.

11,000+10,000= 21,000

21,000-6,000 (tax)

-2,000 (utility bills E.G hot water, heating, lights, electricity)

At the end of the day what's left over is= 13,000 for food, clothes, furniture.

Casper does the shopping around here.

Food bills every week comes to £500. (12,500)

And we brought a bed too and a sofa and some paint.

We have about 5,000 left now, Mum, and Casper's sad.

~~

Casper took the day off work because she wanted to be with me this Saturday. We spent the day painting the walls, then we sat and hugged on the sofa.

Then we cried for a bit.

I miss you Mum, Gemma.

Do you know Casper's Mum and Dad in that special place too?

Say hi for me.

~~

That night was special because we christened the flat, in bed.

It was special, Mum, because I did it with someone I loved and it was great.

I feel like a proper adult now.

Casper said she loved me and I told her I loved her too.

I told Casper about this journal. These notes I write to you and I said I started it when I was 9 and I read a few things to her. She then said she would have liked to have met both of you very much.

I wish you could have met her Mum, Gemma you wold like her.

She's so sweet and passionate and she tries so hard to make everything work. She's great at comforting and painting, anything. She's also caring and she's the only one the plays with my hair behind my ear and she understands me.

She is home.

Wherever she is, I'm at home.

And that night topped it all.

Maybe it won't be the last.

~~

It's been a year Mum, Gemma.

We are still in the flat and it's getting worse.

Casper is never happy.

Even when we make love she is never completely happy. And that makes me sad. It makes me feel like I'm not enough for her.

I'm scared too - I don't want to lose her.

She is the only reason why I'm still here, breathing.

All because of her

I don't want to lose her, so I asked her. Today.

'Will you marry me?'

Me.

Not that I'm good enough but I'll try, Mum, Gemma, I'll try and give all my best to make her happy.

Then she said, 'yes'

And forget that time we made love because this was the best moment, this was

Making love

And I felt so happy, we both cried and she asked me how I afforded the ring.

But Mum - the ring is yours.

Not the ring dad gave you, but your other one, the one with the ruby in the centre. Casper said she will treasure it until she dies and I said I can't wait.

I can't wait to see you again Mum and Gemma. Also Casper's parents. I want to meet them too.