My Alpha Mate

My Alpha Mate

Skie

"Grab those boxes Skie", My elder brother Arron called to me, I groaned but grabbed the box for my bedroom anyway.

This sucks, I thought to myself, we'd moved from my home in the UK to California.

The rest of my brothers, excluding Dylan who's only one, had finished carrying the moving boxes in by the time I'd decided to go back out.

"Tell me why we had to move all the way to California again? And to this small town?", Zander asked for the maybe tenth time.

"You know why, but think of it this way, new girls who are going to think your Italian/Welsh accent is hot." I told him smiling.

"Huh never thought of it like that.", He replied distractedly, "But no wait, that means all the guys are going to be looking at you", He carried on horrified.

"Exactly", I replied patting his arm consolingly and walking into our new home.

It had a big living room, huge kitchen, downstairs bathroom, games room which I've been banned from. Apparently I got too competitive, yea right, I thought to myself.

There were seven rooms, including master bedroom with en-suite, which we all agreed I could have (Because believe me sharing a bathroom with five boys is not fair) upstairs bathroom and an upstairs utility room.

"Skie, start unpacking, you're starting school tomorrow", Arron shouted upstairs.

"I still don't see why I have to go when I finished school back in Wales", I shouted back.

"You know it's the law here Skie, you're too young for college here", He said stopping outside my room.

"Ugh fine", I said.

"Finish unpacking, oh what do you want for dinner?" He asked "The guy's all said Chinese."

"Chinese is fine, I'll go to that shop we passed to get some stuff for Dylan", I said standing up and slipping my shoes back on.

"Ok, don't be long", Arron called walking down the hall to his room.

I grabbed my purse and coat, I looked out the window and saw storm clouds. I ran downstairs and strapped Dylan into his pram, "Does anyone want anything from the shop?" I shouted upstairs while putting my coat on.

"They're all in the games room, but can you get us pop please." My younger brother, Seth, asked.

"Yea, do you want to come with me?" I asked picking my bag up from the floor and putting it on the pram.

"Ok, and then maybe we can see the park as well?" He asked hopefully.

I laughed and said yes, I helped Seth with his coat and shoes then we started towards the shop.

It only took us fifteen minutes, but it felt like longer when Seth started pointing stuff out to Dylan making him laugh and jump around in his pram.

"Ok, do you want to push the pram or the trolley?" I asked Seth.

"Pram", He said nocking me out of the way, I chuckled and went to get a trolley.

"Don't go wandering off, ok?" I told Seth, he nodded and followed me.

After ten minutes Seth wanted to go look at the pop, "Do you want to decide?" I asked him, he nodded, "Yes, I'm a big boy and I know what the others like." He grinned and walked towards the bottles.

Big boy my arse, I thought, you're six.

I told him to wait by Dylan and the trolley while I went to the next isle. When I rounded the corner I saw a seven year old boy standing alone with tears running down his face.