Chapter Thirty Four

Ryder

It had been three weeks, three long weeks since Ski had been attacked. And i was having trouble dealing with it. My body was starting to protest from lack of sleep and malnutrition. I looked up as my mother came into the room. She looked just as heartbroken as me.

I looked back to Skie and thought back to what happened yesterday;

All of Skie's brothers walked into the room, tears shining in their eyes. I hadn't been able to control my wolf for the first week that Skie had been here so nobody except the doctors was able to get anywhere near. Even though my wolf and I knew they presented no harm, it was still hard to let anyone near my Mate who couldn't protect herself.

"How is she doing? How are you doing?", Aaron asked sympathetically as he stood on the other side of Skies' bed. I shrugged and went back to stroking Skie's arm.

"Come on man, she's not going anywhere. Maybe you should go and get some rest, we'll stay here and watch her.", Aaron picked up Skie's other hand and brushed away some strands of hair from her forehead.

I watched the pain flit over Aarons face before he pushed it away. Thinking about it I looked over all of their faces and saw mirroring pain in all of them. I mved away and gestured my with my hand for Skie's brothers to sit near her.

I leaned against the wall tiredly and watched. Zander sat in my chair and clutched his twins hand before letting out a heartbraking sob. Xavier bowed his head and put an arm around Zanders shoulders. I knew how much Skie's current state affected me, but Zander was her twin they had been so close. I remember Skie telling me about how close they were when they were kids and how they shared everything.

I saw Xavier's shoulders shake slightly and noticed silent tears falling down his cheeks. I couldn't describe the amount of shame and guilt that racked my body at seeing their faces. I should have protected her.

Seth and Dylan had not been allowed to come anywhere near SKie until she woke up. I'd been having reports from my mother about how they were coping, Dylan had been crying non-stop and he only calmed down a little when he was wrapped up in one of skie's jumpers. Apparently he kept reaching for anything of Skie's he could see and only stopped performing when he was given it.

The boys stayed for a while and talked quietly with me then left.

END

"I can't take it mum. I......I think I have to leave for a while and clear my head. What if she doesn't wake up? What if she dies? I wouldn't be able to live without her, I refuse to.", I looked up as my mother wrapped her arms around me.

I turned into her and started to cry. My mother just sat there rubbing my back and rocking us side to side. I clutched my mothers t-shirt and kept sobbing. I felt drops on my head and looked up to see my mother crying. I wrapped my arms around her.

After both of us had calmed down I just pressed my face into the side of my mothers neck and closed my puffy eyes. i heard a gasp and my mother let go of me and ran to Skie.

I looked up startled and saw my Mates fingers move. I joined my mother by the bed and clutched Skie's hand. After a few minutes I saw her head move towards me and watched as she blinked. "Skie? Baby you there?", I noticed her head bob slightly and let out a huge breath.

I linked the whole pack and told them that their Luna was awake. I heard everyone give a sigh of relief. I told one of the mothers to let Skie's bothers know and to bring them all here, even Seth and Dylan. They had been away from her for long enough.