Unknowing (A Yogscast Fanfic)

Chapter 1

It was an early start. That was what she needed, an early start. Getting up, she stretched her stiff muscles, and started towards her small bathroom, her bare feet padding on the cold floor. She glanced up at the mirror, admiring her bright red hair and deep blue eyes. She reached for the brush, and raked it through her matted hair, wincing as it caught particularly nasty tangles. After her hair was brushed, she took a pink hair tie from her wrist, and pulled her hair up in a ponytail. Looking in the mirror once more, satisfied with the way she looked, she walked back into her room.

Opening up a large armoire, she pulled out a grey tank top, dark denim capris, and her brown leather boots. Smiling, she put them on. She looked down at herself thoughtfully, but, sensing something was missing, went and dug through the many clothes in the armoire. Finally, after a few minutes, she found what she was looking for: a dark red cloak. She pulled the cloak over her shoulders, and pinned the fabric in place with a small, golden pin shaped like a mushroom. Sighing contentedly, she pranced down the stairs, humming an unknown tune. She skipped towards a large, fenced off area, with large mushrooms inside. From her pocket, she pulled out a small bag of white powder; bonemeal. Weaving around the large mushrooms, she came across a small corner where smaller mushrooms resided. She sprinkled the powder overtop the mushrooms, and patted one gently. “You’ll grow soon, George. I promise,” She whispered to the red mushroom. Humming once more, she set herself the task of sprinkling the bonemeal over all of the mushrooms.

He was busy in his tower, lost in his magic. It had been a long night. He was trying to transmutate anything, anything, into red matter. He had been fiddling with the tablet forever, just hoping to get some of the red stuff. He had been unsuccessful so far, and with a huff, decided to just quit. He trudged up to his bedroom from the magic room, and plopped onto the bed. Soon after, he got up, and started to take of his armor. His armguards and belt came off, along with his boots. He was now clad in a brown woolen shirt, and dark pants. He had a dark cloak, a shadowy escence following it, and the strange purple eyes on the back. On his face: a black mask. Why it was there, no one knew. All you could see was the royal blue eyes that weren’t concealed by the fabric.

Throwing his garments on the ground, he crashed on the bed. He looked to the window to his left. It was almost dawn, and here he was, about to fall asleep. He took off some of the many rings on his fingers, and set them on a side table. “Oh well,” He said. “Guess I’m becoming nocturnal now.” And with that, he crawled under his covers, and fell asleep soundly.