Chapter One

Kai, take care of my daughter. I was in shock. Why the hell would she ask me that? Didn't she know who I was? All I could do was answer to my baby sister. I have to admit it was kind of sad watching her like this. I mean poor little Josie never had a chance. Despite who I was I vowed to protect the child known as my niece. The way I see it, my daughter. That I'd promise that I'd curse those who would ever harm my little Lizzie. Why me? Oh, God! Why me, of all people?!" Kai said, raising his voice.

He placed the newborn in her crib giving her a light kiss on the forehead. Kai watched her as she slept. He knew right then she was his beautiful little princess. Kai placed a protection spell over the baby's room. Kai heard a knock on the door. He placed the small child in his bed. He gave her a kiss and handed the child her favorite stuffed animal. He then cloaked the room. Only he could see it. Kai opened the door. He saw nobody. He then heard his daughter crying. He ran up the stairs and he saw two witches. He used his magic to attack them. Witch number one already had her hands in the baby. Witch number two had been knocked out. Suddenly he hears something. Daddy?

The small voice said. Kai Gasps. Staring at his daughter. Are you okay? Kai gets out of the bed and hugs his daughter. Her little hands pressed against her father's chest. He answered back, I'm okay my love. Kai picked up the child and placed her in her bed. Daddy? Are they going to hurt me? Whose they sweetie? Our enemies. Kai replied, no baby. I won't let anyone hurt you. You are all I care about. Kai kissed her. Sleep tight princess.