Chapter Eight

Dad? Why do you have to be so mean? He obviously wants to have a family. He doesn't know what it's like. What do you mean? He was treated poorly. He was afraid to come meet you. He really wanted this. Not for him but for his daughter. Fine. But before I make my final decision I want to see that little girl. Done.

Kai and Katherine went inside with Elizabeth. Dad? I'm in my room. Bring her to me. Daddy? I'm scared. Katherine looks at her. Don't be afraid. He won't hurt you. Katherine knocks on the door. Come in Brandon said. Dad, this is Elizabeth. Elizabeth this is your future grandfather. Brandon held the child. She's absolutely beautiful. Brandon softly strokes her head. He smiles at the little one that was about to become his granddaughter. Brandon lays her on the couch. Kai? Katherine? I have made my decision. I approve your proposal.

Dad do I have to wear this dress? Yes you do. Because daddy is getting married. So Katherine will be my new mom? Yes sweetie. And you know what else? Your grandfather will teach you how to use your magic. Elizabeth hugs Kai. As the door opens Elizabeth runs to Brandon.He picks her up and kisses her head. Hi baby girl. Elizabeth smiles and buried her head into Brandon's warm chest.

Katherine smiled at her new daughter. She's so precious Brandon said. I can't wait to spend every day with her. Kai? I thought we were leaving her here with the babysitter. Brandon spoke, I happened to place a powerful protection spell on her. She'll be fine Right my love? Yay!
Kai and Katherine got married and Brandon officially became Elizabeth's step-grandfather. Brandon tucked his granddaughter in for the first time. He loved her more than anything and promised Kai he would always keep her safe. Grandpa? Can I ask you something? Sure little one he said. Why do I get bad dreams? Brandon laughed. We all get them. Sleep tight babe and don't let the bed bugs bite.
The End.