Chapter Two-Marjorie goes to the Rodeo

Marjorie heard  the front door open.

"If you need a ride to the Rodeo, let me know", Rod smiled.

"I thought you'd never ask", she watched the darkness grow...as she watched him leave in his truck. He saw her watching the truck.

"It is old. Gotta win the Rodeo, and buy a new one".

"Can you win?".

"Yes, but it's very hard".

"But I have faith in you".

"That is the best thing any woman has told me in a long, long time. I need all of the support I can get. It's late now, so I'll see tomorrow. 6:00 PM".

"I'll bring the food...and drinks. Good bye!".

"Good bye!".

And he closed the driver's-side door of his truck, put his black colored seatbelt on, and drove away. Marjorie wondered why she cared about a cowboy. But, in her mind, Rod wasn't like any man she met. She headed back inside the Ranch's front door, and was happy to  feel the air conditioning had cooled her body down...until it was tolerable to sleep during the evening.

***

Marjorie's heart beat faster.

Calm down! Calm down! Calm down!, she thought to herself. She reached the orange colored sofa, then sat down in front of the TV.

During a TV break, she went to the restroom. Five minutes' later, she washed her hands with soap. Then she dried her hands with a blue colored towel.

When she opened the door, she saw her parents were drinking tea.

"I'm watching the movie. Then I'm going to brush my teeth...and go to bed. It's 'Sleepless in Seattle'. And I know it's a Christmas movie; it's one of my favorite romantic movies with Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan". She continued watching...while they sat down and enjoyed the movie together as a family.

Page 3.