Chapter 3

I went ahead with both Anika and her friend to Shivaay's cabin. I knocked on his door and peek in through the small corner.

'Come in, Om', Shivaay invited me in.

I went in and Anika followed right behind me. I could sense that she's slightly afraid.

'Shivaay, I've brought someone to meet you', I uttered with much hesitation.

'Who is it? Ask her/him to come in', Shivaay said calmly.

Anika stepped forward. And there goes all the calmness I saw on his face earlier. Out of nowhere his rage and anger was back. Sometimes I feel that Shivaay is like hulk! He gets angry and go on 'SMASH' mode!

'What are you doing here? Look at her audacity, Om!', Shivaay pinpointed her to me.

'I brought her here. Now would you please calm down and listen to her. Bichari hai!', I tried requesting as lovingly as possible. I know that Shivaay would never say no to me. He turned and looked at Anika.

'Shivaay Sir...', and her long non-stop choo-choo train began. She kept on talking and talking and talking without realizing that she lost us both. And finally when her train reached station, she pointed out her pinky finger at Shivaay saying 'Pinky promise'.

What the???!!! How could she do that? I seriously wanted to slap myself for bringing her in, but what to do, I pity her for going through all of Hulk Shivaay on the first day of her internship itself. Luckily she realized that he's finger antic was too much and withdraw her hand. I know I should step in now. Otherwise, Anika will loose her chance forever.

'What she's basically trying to say is that she's extremely apologetic and that she needs a chance to prove herself. Shivaay, don't you always say that everyone deserves a chance to prove themselves. Right now, you're snatching your chance away from Anika. Don't do it', I tried his own words on him. I really hope my persuasion works. The room was in pindrop silence. I could clearly see that Shivaay is giving it a thought. A little excitement ran through my spine as my words were making The Shivaay Singh Oberoi to think again. Just please give her a chance Shivaay! Just please.

And he finally broke the silence, 'Only one chance! Only because I haven't seen your work yet. If you botched anything, even if it's just the simplest thing, I'll fire you the very next moment. Is that understood?'.

Yaaayyy!!! Shivaay gave her a chance that too after listening to me!!! Wah!!! Not bad Mr.Omkara Singh Oberoi. Anika thanked him profusely. Just then, I heard some weird sound by the door. I turned to check it out.

And there she was, Anika's friend. I didn't know she was eavesdropping by the door. She's so worried for her friend. And she's cute as well. She somehow managed to compose herself. I snapped out of her cuteness when I heard Shivaay's angry voice asking who's she.

'Err... I'm Gauri Kumari Sharma... err...', she was fumbling and was lost at words. I could sense it. Anybody could see through it actually. Wait! Did she just said Gauri Kumari Sharma? She's my intern!!! Oh no! Save her from Hulk Shivaay Om!

'My intern!', I stepped in again. 'I had told her to watch the door so that no one will... you know just enter and disturb the... ummm... so called "meeting" we were having', I lied. That was the only plausible lie I could think of at that moment to save her from Hulk Shivaay.

Shivaay just nodded his head. Pheww! Thankfully Gauri escaped from him. Otherwise, I don't know what hungama would have happened here. He then instructed us to leave.

I, Anika and Gauri began walking out of his cabin. Just then, I heard Shivaay's voice again.

'Not you, Miss Anika'

'But why?', the three of us said in unison. Curiosity was at its peak in the three of us.

Shivaay then tells that Anika is in his team for internship and he needs to explain some things to her before she begins her work. I and Gauri stepped out of his cabin. I wonder what Shivaay is going to do with bichari Anika.

We walked side to side outside Shivaay's cabin. Suddenly, Gauri thanked me profusely for helping her and Anika out of the mess. Then, the thing that I least expected happened. She threw her arms around my waist and hugged me. I know this is mad, but her touch was giving chills to my spine. I felt a tingling sensation deep down in my stomach. Woah! Woman! What are you doing to me???

She then broke the hug. I was still in shock because of her sudden hugging gesture. A lot of girls have hugged me before, but none made me feel the way she just did.

'I'm sorry Sir! I didn't mean to do it. It was just out of excitement!', she said, hardly looking into my eyes while saying it. She was so embarrassed. I could see her cheeks turning pink. Whoa!

'Its ok, Gauri! Chill! I'm cool with everything. About the help earlier, I just stepped in because I saw the genuiness in the both you. So, no big deal!'

I lied! Its not cool! It's a huge deal for me. This girl... she was doing something to me. The way she talks, the way she is, the way she made me feel, everything about her was doing something to me. Both mentally and physically. She was quite surprised to hear that from me.

'Yeh tho opposite nikhli. Khair, why am I even thinking about this? This has got nothing to do with me. For now, I'll have to find my team I will be working with', she thought out loud.

I couldn't help but smile at her little self-talk session. She's so cute! No, Om! Stop! This is not good!

'I think there's no need for that! I'm your team leader, remember?', I reminded her.

'Oh bete ki! It means you were telling the truth?', she blurted out. Ah! Such a tacky yet cute expression she just used! Oh God Om! Stop! I tried mentally controlling myself.

PRECAP: Om introduces Gauri to his teammates.

-To be continued-

P.S. Sorry for the late update. Will try to update more regularly from now on! Hope you guys enjoyed it! Happy Reading!