Chapter 7

Then, I went ahead to Shivaay's cabin. He was totally indulged in his work when I entered. Gauri wanted to come along with me but I made her sit with Anika with much difficulty.

'Shivaay!', I called him out.

'Just 20 more minutes Om. I'll go back home after that. I promise', he said without even looking upto me.

'Shivaay, I need a favour from you!', I spoke as polite as possible.

'Kya bath hai Om! You're being so nice and polite like this?', he asked finally giving his full attention to me.

'Shivaay I need you to drop Anika back home later as I've already promised her that you will', I quickly uttered.

'Fhat the wuck??? How could you say that without asking me?? Why on earth should I drop her back home???', Hulk Singh Oberoi attacked me. Okay time for me to remain calm and persuade.

'Shivaay, calm down! Why are you getting so miffed? She's your intern, your staff, and it becomes the responsibility of an employer to look after his employee right? Besides, she's doing the work that you had instructed her. Technically you're the reason she's going back late. So, please put your anger away and drop her back home, okay?', I tried my level best to talk some sense to him.

'Alright, fine!', Shivaay agreed half-heartedly.

I smiled with satisfaction. Then, I went to Shivaay's workplace. Gauri was talking calmly to Anika. She's always so calm and composed. I just adore her the way she is. While talking she turned and looked at me with a gracious smile. I felt like the ground was swept away from my feet.

'Ani, I'll leave now... take care, okay!', she said and walked towards me.

'Bye Gauri, bye Om Sir!', Anika shouted from where she was sitting.

'Bye Anika, come Gauri'.

We left together. She sat quietly in the car. I can sense that she feels awkward with me. It's like she's uncomfortable being with me. And the timing of the radio was just marvelous! A romantic song? "I'm gonna love you like I'm gonna loose you". Seriously? I changed the radio channel.

'Why did you change it?', Gauri asked all of the sudden. 'I was listening to it'

'Sorry! I didn't mean to', while I changed back to the previous channel.

She was throroughly enjoying the song. She was even humming to it. I like watching her being happy. When she's happy, she smiles, and when she smiles, her hazel eyes sparkles more. Something about her was pulling my attention towards her. I can't stop myself even if I want to.

Then, Shape of You played next. She got excited when she heard the music itself. I increased the volume noticing her excitedness. She looked at me with a mischievous smile, one that I've never seen before and said ,'Don't mind me for the next 5 minutes'.

Okay! What does that mean??? I just simply nodded my head with an awkward smile. She started singing along with slight dance to the rythm of the song. It was amusing. She was being the soul of the song. She was moving her hands and upper body to the rythm while snapping her fingers. She was totally into the song and I was totally into her. Watching her I mean.

I increased the volume a little more and started singing along with her. I moved my upper body as well with one hand on the steering and the other snapping my fingers. It was too much of fun. She stopped and was stunned to look at me joining along with her. I asked her what by raising my eyebrows. She shooked her head and then we both start singing out loud and danced together. This is mad but also fun at the same time. The song ended.

'I didn't know that you're the type who enjoys songs like this as well. I mean you don't seem like such a person', she exclaimed.

'Why? Do I look like a boring workaholic person who doesn't s anything fun, huh? ', I retaliated.

'Yes!', she said.

'What??!!! You're the first person who's saying this. I can't believe this!', I exclaimed.

'Riaan and Jeet told me that. They also told me to stay away from you as you are like nandi bell. Who can get angry at any time. It sounds weird to me but still I don't want to anger you', She explained.

Now I understand why she wasn't mingling with me. Sonu and Joker!!! You both are so gonna get it from me.

'But you aren't like that right?', She asked.

'Of course not Gauri!', I cleared.

She smiled for a reply. How I wish I can go on driving like this with her next to me. We don't have much things to talk about. But I just like the silence between us. This silence with her feels comfortable. It leaves a kind of soothing feel in me. And my self-thought session was broken.

'Om Sir, my building's here'.

I stopped the car. She got off and invited me in. I would really love to see the place she's living in but it was getting late and Dadi has called a couple of times already. So I politely said refused her and promised to come again another time.

I arrived at home but Dadi has already slept at that time. I took the dinner that she had prepared for me and was about to hit the bed when my phone rang. No one usually calls me at this time during weekdays. I immediately picked up my phone. It was Gauri.

'Hello, is Om Sir there?', she asked.

'Yes Gauri, anything important? Why did you call at this time?', I was beginning to get a little worried for her.

'Om Sir, listen to me patiently. Woh,  just now Shivaay Sir and Anika were stuck in the elevator....', she was saying something else but nothing was off my comprehension. Shivaay has acute claustrophobic. He would have had an attack. Is he alright?

Without me realizing, tears started to roll down my eyes. I can't imagine anything bad happening to Shivaay. I'll be broken both inside and out.

'Om Sir! Om Sir???!!', Gauri's voice pulled me back into reality.

'Haan...', I managed to voice out.

'You can come here right?'.

'I'm coming right away!'.

I quickly grabbed my car keys and speed off there. I tried to stop worrying but I couldn't. Tears were flowing off my eyes without stopping. All I could think of right now is Shivaay. I felt so stupid for leaving him behind. I'll never do that again. I really hope he's fine.

As soon as I arrived at Gauri's building, I rushed into her house. I rang the doorbell several times. Gauri opened the door. Shivaay was standing a bit further behind Anika. I ran and hugged him tightly. I was so relieved to see him fine. That's all I need right now. He is fine and that's more than enough for me.

PRECAP: OmRi's 'stunt'.

-To be continued-