chapter 2: schemes and scenes

guys! okay here comes the mushy stuff. I want to thank EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU WHO FOLLOWED, VOTED AND COMMENTED! okay, calm down rory. but seriously I LOVE you guys and I am glad hear you guys like it. so enjoy and , as always, feel free to say what you feel about this chapter. and now for the next, hopefully awaited chapter.

◀▶◀▶◀▶

        I hear Daniel's shouts as I walk into the kitchen area of the family owned bakery. I grab my apron from the back room and put my book bag away. I walk into the kitchen to see Daniel screaming at a very intimidated intern. I can see droplets of spit fly out of Daniel's mouth onto the interns face. That's just... yuck. 

I just smirk amusedly at the small intern, who shoots me a 'help-me' look. We've all been there, bud.

I manage to tie my hair up before Daniel turns to me, his face going from angry to calm in a matter of seconds.

" Oh, Amia. You have guests. " he says and points to the front desk of our bakery.

I frown and walk through the double doors, into the nice smelling lobby of the bakery. This is where we serve customers. I see Craig and Neil having an animated conversation with some girls, who are giggling.

"Hey, Mimi!" I turn to see Paisley and Jasper standing in front of our display case.

"Hey, guys." I mutter unenthusiastically.

Can you blame me? I have just had the worst day of my life. Well, not worst, but it was pretty bad.

"How are you feeling?" Jasper asks cautiously. The pair of them are staring at me like I will blow up at any moment.

Let's just say I don't usually face my problems sitting down.

In fact, I can't fully comprehend why I haven't done something about this problem.

"Just fucking peachy." I retort. They both smile somberly .

" What are you gonna do about it? " Paisley asks perkily.

I sigh. " I honestly have no idea. " I admit.

" Well, are you gonna do something about it? "

Am I? Should I?

I get the sudden urge to flip a few tables. Of course I am! The bitch needs to learn a lesson. And God forbid he even tries to make things worse for me.

I bang my fist on the counter angrily.

" Yes! This means war. " I growl.

Jasper looks at me amusedly.

" You have a mysterious glint in your eyes, Mia. " he says and smiles.

And this isn't the first time Clayton has messed with me.

In a small, boring town like mine, everybody knows everybody. We all grow up together, we all see each other in malls.

So in my several harrowing years of knowing Clayton, he has made himself quite a reputation with me. And yet, he still doesn't recognise me.

After stealing my cookie in kindergarten.

After staining my favourite jeans in middle school.

After cutting some of my hair off in sophomore year he still doesn't recognise my face.

And now, after ruining my chances of ever having a social life.

A big thank you to him for ruining my semester, and possibly senior year.