Chapter 14: Ferbanessa Part2

The days passed, with Vanessa coming over to hang with us everyday. We would make sure to get Ferb and Vanessa alone for some time during her visits, but unfortunately it didn't seem like Ferb's natural charm was working.

"Stacey! What are we gonna do! It's not working!" I shrieked as we waited for Vanessa to arrive.

Today we had planned to send her and Ferb to get some last minute parts for a romantic ride, that Phineas was going to make as a surprise for Isabella.

Then both of them would ride in it too, and hopefully that would trigger something in Vanessa.

"I think we should just give them more time. I mean we've been pretty rude to her, always abandoning and bossing her around, but she still comes over everyday." Stacey replied.

"Yeah. I think you're right."

I mean we have been pretty rude, but she finds something good enough to return everyday, and that must be alone time with Ferb.

I smiled.

"Maybe it's working after all."

Just then the doorbell rang and I went to answer the door.

I opened the door, to see Vanessa, but she didn't look exactly the same.

She had bags under her now red and puffy eyes.

"Vanessa, are you ok?" I asked.

She came inside and burst into tears, her hands covering her face.

Instantly, Stacey and I were near her and trying to comfort her.

"What happened?" I tried to ask but all I got in reply was

"Bluby hromu wif eee."

Followed by some intensified sobs.

Stacey and I decided not to question her further and continued to coo comforting words.

After her sobs calmed down to sniffles and was speaking coherently, I tried again.

"What happened?"

"M-Monty broke up with m-me." She sniffled.

"Oh I'm so sorry." Stacey said.

"Thats awful." I added.

"How'd it happen?" Stacey asked.

"Well, we were arguing, which started to happen a lot lately, and he suddenly said that he wants to break up."

"What were you guys arguing about?" I inquired.

"I commented that he wasn't as sweet anymore as he used to be. I mean he never opens the door, like Ferb does or pull the chair out, like Ferb, and he got mad...." She trailed off.

Stacey and I looked at each other and shared a little happy and knowing glance.

Vanessa had started to compare Monty with Ferb, and unintentionally started to search for his qualities in Monty, which obviously weren't there.

That meant that she was falling for Ferb!

"It's ok Vanessa, he probably wasn't right for you anyway." Stacey said.

"Yeah, let's go and see what the boys are making, maybe you'll feel better. And I promise not to try to bust them today." I spoke.

Vanessa seemed a bit happier at the mention of 'boys' and obliged willingly.

As we approached the yard, Phineas spotted us immediately.

"Hey guys!" He said, causing Ferb to look up from tightening a bolt.