Chapter 2

Justin grabbed his coat and pulled it off. He was so tired. He sat on a bench and massaged his legs. Despite his fatigue he was happy. This was his last day of residency and starting tomorrow he would officially be a psychiatrist. It was nice to think about when he remembered all his hard years of labor and sleepless night had now been rewarded. His mom would have been so proud of him.

"Hey, are you done for the day?" Claire, his colleague and the only other last year resident apart from him at Jedson State Psychiatric Hospital asked as she walked up to him, shrugging on her coat.

"Yeah, I'm just trying to rest my legs. Dr. Olaf has been taking me around all day, making me recite every possible psychological phenomenon, their causes and treatment. He's doing it on purpose you know."

"Well, I'll take it over from here," Claire said as she patted him on the back.

After several minutes had passed Justin stood and made his way out of the hospital.

Since it was already night, the bus he took only stopped at the main road. Getting off at his stop, Justin strolled leisurely through his neighborhood. As he walked he got the feeling that somebody was watching him.

He turned around, searching his surroundings. There was nothing there but darkness and silence. He must be getting paranoid. Shaking his head he trudged up into his apartment.

It was a decent place that he had found a year ago. The size was modest; it had two rooms, a large bathroom and a nice small kitchen. The interior was a soft beige color. He had a small fireplace and a large frame of him and his mother on top of its mantelpiece. A large cherry colored couch occupied the middle of the living room with a medium screen TV. His medical books were all piled on one side of the room. He had been meaning to get a book shelf but had never really got around to it.

The street was covered in total darkness. The stupid streetlights were not even working well. He shook his head and continued making his way home.

***

Jemma POV

I walked down the hallway into the cafeteria. Deacon still hadn't arrived as yet. Something was wrong. He always was the one who'd wait for her. Where was he?

I spotted Macy from my class whispering to her friend, Josephine. They were the biggest gossips in school so they would definitely know. I purposely walked closer to them.

Deacon is so gonna get it from Morgan today. I hope the janitor doesn't go into the boys' locker room and ruin everything.

My eyes widened in shock. Morgan is a bully. He makes students dance to his every tunes simply by intimidation. He was a big guy but not much was in that large square head of his. Everyone who had ever failed him was expected to suffer from his wrath.

I turned and ran as fast as I could towards the locker room. I got there just as Morgan threw a punch at Deacon's face. He was too slow to duck and Morgan's fist caught him right on the cheek. He fell back with a loud thud against the locker.

Not wasting any time, I ran forward as Morgan was about to kick Deacon in the stomach. I lifted my foot and kicked against his leg, sending him off balance as he toppled sideways. He barely managed to grab onto the bench to stop his fall.

Standing, he turned to look at me eyes filled with hate. He might have been more on the bulky side but that was an advantage for me considering I was fast and lithe. I could easily anticipate his movements even without reading him.

"What are you doing here? This isn't your fight, Knight," he hissed shaking his fist.

I smirked as I eyed him. "What are you trying to prove, Morgan? That you're a dead beat bully?"