Chapter 1

Chapter 1: Goodbye Toronto, Hello Philippines!!

Kim's POV

Hi, ako nga pala si Kim Villafuerte currently residing in Toronto, Canada. I'm 17 years old. I was born in the Philippines but since I was young I have been moving around everywhere along with my parents. I moved in Toronto along with my 21 year old Ate named Chloe almost 3 years ago. It was a bit easy since I'm used to the change of environment. Ate has to go to university here for a semester but then she ended up finishing her program here. Now that she is done with uni we have decided to move back to Manila. Our parents on the other hand are quite busy with business. Right now they are attending expo's and some seminar crap around Asia but they are both based in the Philippines since 2009. 

It is spring here in Toronto. It is when rain won't stop dropping and it feels like you're in sad movie where your boyfriend or girlfriend has decided to leave you. It is those dark days that are considered to be lazy day. This is when my sister and I have decided to move back in Manila after 3 years. Unlike my last uwi this time I wasn't looking forward to it. For the last 3 years we have been going back in Manila for vacation every year. I know this time it will be way different, I will be staying there for God knows how many years. It's going to be hard moving back home because I made lots of friends here in Toronto that I will surely miss but I know I will be back in this city near future. I'm currently in Grade 12 so I need to take an exam so I can get my highschool diploma than expected because Philippines have different school system. Luckily my school has allowed that to happen. Today April 02, 2014 I am asked to do my exam after 1 month of reviewing at St. Joseph Morrow Park.

Finally my 4 exams for Physics, Calculus, Advanced Function and Chemistry are done. It feels like all the 1000+ needles that they inject in my body are all gone.

"Bets, how was the exam?" Asked Nicole when she saw me cheering up in the school hallway like an idiot. Well I need to celebrate! 

"I think I did well naman, hopefully I did." I'm quite sure I did good, yun ba naman I spent nearly one month just studying all the materials I have already learned plus new things that we should be covering for the next few months for the exam.

"Madz, of course you did. Ikaw pa, pero seryoso you're leaving for Philippines tomorrow na talaga? I can't believe it still. " I looked at her and sees the sadness that her eyes have.

Nicole and Jessica are one of the closest friends I have here in Toronto. They made me feel welcome the moment I saw both of them in school. 

"I know me too! Everything happens so fast. My parents won't let me stay here kasi daw they'll probably live in the Philippines too which I doubt will happen." Mamimiss ka namin bets sobra, ang dami na din natin napagdaanan kasi. Sabi ni Nicole na may halo na kalungkutan.

"Oo nga madz. Paano na yan, are you ready to face yung issue mo sa Pilipinas."

"I'll surely miss you guys din naman sobra. Oo nga madz grabe I'm not ready."

Big problem in the Philippines, y'all might be wondering by now kung ano yung sinasabi ng friend ko. Bata pa ako pero I do have a problem, yes a serious one for a teenager, at yun ang love problem.

Last year 2013 nung summer which was June to July I went back in the Philippines for a short vacation and the love story of Jake and I bloom. He was my first love back in elementary and luckily I was his din. We didn't end up being together nun kasi I was dating someone else dito sa Canada si James. May feelings ako for Jake for so long na and up until today I am still confused. When I get back in Toronto nung July I broke up with James and told him that I don't want to be unfair kasi my feelings for Jake came back. James and I remain friends until today. Jake and I used to talk every day when I get back, he even admitted how he felt and he said he's willing to wait sa sunod ko uwi which was supposed to be this coming June pa until nung Novembre 13, 2013 (after our months of talking everyday) yun yung he admitted me that he has a girlfriend na named Clarize. He said it was a fast relationship and that is why he didn't make paramdam for about a month. I was totally hurt.Inis na inis na ako pero after 2 weeks his brother started talking to me si Michael. We talk and became close. I wasn't close to him back then but I know him by name and as Jake's brother. I don't know pero there is something about him, I don't know if I fell for him na, pero hindi ko pa alam. Sa ngayon ang alam ko pa lang is that I still love his brother kahit sobrang sakit ng ginawa nya sa akin. Yes, Michael knows about Jake and I pero wala siyang pakialam, he gives me advice which eventually help me. He keeps reminding me how special I am to him and we really should chill when I get back to Manila.