chapter 2

TRIS

I open my eyes - not sure exactly what time it is but I can tell the sun is out because of the bright rays in lines on the walls . I stretch my hands out and roll on my side expecting Tobias still to be asleep but he isn't there. I sit up - pull the blankets off of me and swing my legs to the side of the bed to get dressed. I walk over to the dresser and rummage through it looking for my clothes, it takes me a while but I finally find them and walk into the bathroom to get changed.

After a while in the bathroom I walk out to find Tobias sitting on the edge of the bed with his head in his hands. I can tell he is breathing hard because his chest expands and contracts and I can see it at this distance from him. I walk over and sit down next to him, placing my old clothes on the floor next to the bed. I slowly put my arm around him and he stares at me.

"Hi" He sighs rubbing his forehead with the back of his hand.

"Is everything alright?" I murmur touching my lips to his cheek .

"No...no not...not really" he sounds like he is about to cry, he covers his face with his hands and leans forward resting his elbows on his knees

"Can I ask what's wrong?" I move my arm from around him and clasp his hand with mine.

"It was Marcus..." Tobias's voice trails off "He found me in the hallway walking back to the room and  said... that you were, an idiot, a fool, and a child..." He squeezes my hand, hard. "He insisted to tell me that you were not right for me... to young, to small... and that I didn't disserve you."

"Tobias" I say as I take his face in my hands, and I see his eyes filling with tears. I've never seen him cry. Marcus must have really hurt him. I look into his eyes and a tear falls down his cheek. He pushes my hand from his face and looks away. He gets up from the bed and walks towards the window next to the bed. "Don't listen to him, he's trying to get back at you for leaving him." I get up and walk over to him hugging him from behind at his waist.

"Tris" he says turning in my arms so now he's facing me and I'm still hugging him. "It's not that... he said... that I wasn't good enough for you, that I was a disgrace to you and to everyone else I loved..." I let go of him and  he puts his hands on my hips, and rests his forehead on mine. "Am I?" He whispers

"No" I say putting my hands on his neck looking him in the eyes. "You are the most kind, loving person I know. You've changed so much ever since I dropped in, literally." I say laughing a little. "I love you and you know that, you mean more to me than anything else in the world."

"How much?" he says with a smile forming on the corners of his mouth.

"This much." I say and I press my lips to his. I slide my hands down to the hem of his shirt and slip my hands under it, my fingers tracing his tattoo. Tobias squeezes my hips, pulling my shirt up just a little so I can feel is hands on my bare skin. Everywhere he touches feels like electricity coursing through my body. He kisses my jaw, and then slides my sleeve off my left shoulder showing the ravens tattooed above my collar bone. He traces them with his fingers leaving one of his hands on my hip.

"Tobias I have to go." I say putting my hand on his arm. "Christina will be wondering where I am...I'm sorry..."

"Its fine" He says "I have to take care of some things too." He runs his fingers over my tattoo again, and then pulls my sleeve back up. "I'll see you in a little bit." he grabs my chin and presses his lips to mine quickly. "Bye." he says, he walks out the door and lets it close on its own.

                                                                     *    *    *