Chapter 4

TOBIAS

When I woke up, Tris was snuggled next to me on the bed, with her head in the crook of my neck, asleep. I watched her as the rays of sun shined brightly into the room, and cascaded onto her hair. I put my hand on her cheek and brushed away the hair in her face. I didn't want to wake her up so I slowly got up from the bed and headed to take a shower.

I stood in the shower for a while just letting the water run over my face. All I could think about was Tris. If anything was to happen to her, I wouldn't even know what to do. There would be no one else I loved. I would have Christina, but she is just friend. I honestly couldn't imagine my life without Tris, she's helped me through so much, with my dad, with my mom, with everything.

I love her.

After a while in the shower I got out and laid back in bed with Tris. Her back was facing me now so I moved up against her back and hugged her around her waist.

"Good morning." She said rubbing my hands with her thumbs. she turned her body to face me, and put her hand on my cheek

"Morning" I pressed my face into her hand and smiled. "How'd you sleep?"

"Great... no bad dreams last night so that's good." she smiled and I leaned towards her and rested my forehead on hers, letting our breathes mix. I pressed my lips to hers and she put both of her hands on my face and pulled me closer to her so our bodies touched. I put my hand on her hips and squeezed them a little. She smiled against my lips and then continued kissing me. She positioned her body so she was on top of me. I put my hands up the back of her shirt and pressed her even closer to me. She pulled at the hem of my shirt and took it off. She placed a kiss on my chest and then one on my neck. It was like I had electricity coursing through my body, giving me more energry with every touch.

* * *

After our little kissing sesion we decided to go get some breakfast, and then Tris went to go get ready. I told her I would be with Christina, which wasn't a lie, but she was going to help me set up the surprise date I had planned for me and Tris. I wanted to do something special for her after all that's happened with her parents dying, and all the dauntless being overrun with the serum. It has been a lot to take in for Tris, I'm quite suprised she took everything so well,since she was fresh out of the Dauntless initiation.

I wanted to have a moment where we can just forget about everything and only think about each other. This will be the first date i have ever been on with Tris, anyone actually. Being Dauntless we arent supposed to show feelings, but ever since everyone was overrun with the serum everything has changed. Probably for the better.

I continued to walk tomeet up with Christina in the pit.

"Did you tell anyone about what we're doing?" I asked Christina once I had walked up behind her.

She jumped a little when I began to Speak and when she turned around she punched me playfully in the arm... Which was a little to hard.

"My god woman you hit hard." I said running my arm to relieve the pain

"Well jeez, you scared me. that's what you get. And no, I didn't tell anyone what we are doing." she said shifting he weight to one leg and placing her hand on her hip."You know that we probably don't have much time because Tris will start to wonder where in the world the both of us are." She continued

"I know" I said running a hand down my face. "We will have to do this quickly." I started jogging past her sticking my hand up to signal for her to follow me.

" I will need more of a heads up next time you know." she says whisper yelling while running to catch up to me.

"Yea, yea, I know but the less people that know about this the better."

"Oh, so your saying you don't want to be seen with me?" she says in a shocked tone

I laugh a little as we continue running
"I didn't say that Christina."

"But you implied that."

I stopped and turned around to face her since she was trailing behind me, and put my hands on her shoulders
"Look I just don't want people to think we are dating that's all, you know how fast news travels around the pit and if Tris hears about us running around from people who don't know anything for sure, knowing her she will be ferrous."

"Yea that's a valid point..." Christina says patting my shoulder.
"But you should know that I was only kidding Tobias."

I gave her that look I give people when they use my real name. Only Tris is allowed to use my real name.

"Sorry!" she says flinging her hands up and taking a step back from me.

"Good." I said and turned around to continue running.

* * *

Once me and Christina had reached the roof outside we say on the edge and waited for the train to come by.

"So..." Christina said messing with her fingers.

"So?" I said back not understanding what she was trying to do

"You know, your lucky you have Tris. Will got taken from me before I even really had the chance to tell him I loved him." Christina brought her hand up to her face to wipe the tears that had escaped her eyes.

"Christina, you know I'm not good with this mushy stuff... hence why I asked you to help me with setting up this date, but Will loved you and you loved him. You didn't need to tell each other that, you could just tell by the way you guys acted when you were around each other..." I left off with that hoping she would get my point so I could stop talking about it all.

"Yea I guess your right. I mean, when I was with will it was like I didn't have a care in the world. It was just me and him in our own little place. Once the majority of us dauntless where overrun with the serum we had no idea what we were doing-who we were hurting or-"

"It wasn't your fault." I interrupted her mid sentence " You didn't know what was going on. Now one did, and no one was prepared for it. Not even I was."

Christina sighed heavily and ran a hand through her hair. "I know Four, I just wished we all would've known it was happening. All of this could have been prevented." Christina finished wiping her eyes and reset her head in her hands.

"I know Christina, but you still have me ,and Tris, and all the other dauntless." is said putting my arm around her and bringing her to lean on my shoulder

" I know..." Christina trailed off and I figured it would be best to just leave this conversation alone for now.

* * *

After a while of sitting in silence the train finally came around and it was time to get to work on this date. I let Christina get on first to make sure she would make it ok... not that she couldn't make it, I just wanted to be extra sure.
Right as soon as we began to jump on I could hear the crunching of gravel behind me. I was running to fast to look behind me right at that moment but once I made it on the train I looked out the window to see Marcus with his famous evil grin that he used to give me as a child, waving his hand at me in goodbye.

All that went through my head at that moment was worrying that Marcus was gonna hurt Tris.

* * *

I HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER!

SORRY I HAVENT UPDATED FOR LIKE EVER. IVE BEEN BUSY AND HAVENT HAD ACCESS TO A COMPUTER SO IM WRITING THIS ALL ON MY PHONE!

I WILL TRY MY HARDEST TO UPDATE THIS AS MUCH AS I CAN, AS FAST AS I CAN!

BYE MY LOVELYS UNTIL NEXT TIME!
~Hailea

P.S~ THIS CHAPTER IS UNEDITED SO IF YOU SEE MISTAKES PLEASE POINT THEM OUT TO MEE!! THANK YOU!