two

[september 13th, 2017]

candace

the warm water droplets pounced on my skin, relaxing my tense muscles. feelings of relief spilled off of me as all of the dirt and grime from the day before splashed onto the tiled floor.

i stepped out of the foggy glass shower and wrapped my body and hair in towels after drying myself off. i applied lotion onto my skin and brushed out my damp hair before i headed to my closet where I had organized my clothes the night before.

today was my first day at calvin klein, and i needed to make an exceptional first impression. they hadn't seen my features, for they only knew my name and what my portfolio looked like.

i decided on a more casual approach; a cream colored oversized sweater, dark wash ripped jeans, and simple black flats. i thought it fit the bill; not too fancy but not too casual.

after covering my body with the fabrics, i decided to leave my hair in its natural state, a mixture between straight and wavy.

once my hair was complete, i applied some foundation, concealer, and i curled my eyelashes a bit. i didn't feel obligated to smother myself in makeup products for a day like this.

i grasped my purse and portfolio before walking out of my bedroom, the two things i believed that i would need in order to be prepared for the day ahead.

i made my way into the kitchen, realizing that i didn't have any supply of food, due the fact that i had just moved in. i mentally decided that i would just grab a coffee at a local café somewhere instead.

i looked at a full sized mirror nearby and gazed over my current look. accepting the certificate of participation, i walked away knowing that i had at least tried.

the huge sign was shown confidently, rising above all of the buildings surrounding it.

i inhaled deeply as i let my feet guide me through the revolving door. a very clean and modern looking black and white lobby awaited me.

"hi! are you candace?" a blonde woman asked in a very chipper tone. i nodded. "awesome! i'm nicole williams, one of your co-workers!"

i smiled, waving delicately.

"nice to meet you, nicole."

nicole nodded and smiled, motioning toward the hallway that was placed a couple of feet away.

"are you ready to go on a tour?"

i bobbed my head up and down as we began walking, as i looked at what my new workplace looked like.

i was currently sat at my desk in my brand new office, admiring the previously placed decorations around the interior. i made a mental note to later add my own personal touch, for there was not enough time to fully decorate now.

after taking a tour of the building, i was quite impressed with how modern it looked. black and white accents and colors were spread around, complimenting the palette that the company was going for.

i pulled out my portfolio and looked through it, reminiscing on all of the instances when i had drawn these sketches. drawings of homecoming dresses, summer tops, and other clothing pieces flooded the pages; some of my proudest works.

i glanced at the black wall clock that was bolted to the wall, reading nine twenty one. nicole had informed me of a meeting that i had with my bosses at nine thirty, so i decided to get a move on. i would much rather be earlier than late, after all.

let's hope i wouldn't screw this up.

NOTES:
i wish i could say that i was organized when i wake up
- kelsey <3