eleven

[ september 29th, 2017 ]

candace

i knocked on the opaque door, confused as to why the dolans wanted to see me. i hadn't done anything wrong that i had remembered, so this "meeting" took me by surprise.

"you may come in." ethan said professionally, leading me into the spacious office. i plopped down on the familiar black leather couch, not saying a word.

"we received a complaint from vicky hardwell about you. you were interrupting her meeting by making out with russell?" grayson clarified, dodging eye contact.

"who the hell is russell?" i asked, my mind wandering with questions as to what vicky was telling my bosses.

"you know who the hell russell is, candace." ethan said, crossing his arms angrily.

my mind was blown. i didn't do anything in that meeting except ask a simple question, not make out with some guy named russell.

"check the cameras, i swear to god that i only asked a question that she didn't want to hear, so she kicked me out." i pleaded, telling the full truth. the twins looked at each other as if debating my request.

"tell us what the question was first."

"i asked her why she decided to add tulle to her design, and then she accused me of harassment." i replied, telling the truth once again.

they both nodded and motioned for me to follow them out into the hallway, in which we walked to the end of the hall. after opening the door, a room full of screens with reflections of people working stared back at our eyes. a man was sitting in front of them, watching the movements.

"hey, dirk, can you look at room g17 on september twentieth at two thirty?" grayson asked, continuing to stare at the screens. dirk nodded, pulling up the time and place of the room.

the familiar setting of vicky presenting showed on the screen, muffled sound coming through the speaker.

"...i just wanted to ask why you added tulle to your design, isn't that a bit childish for a company like this one?"

my voice came through the speakers as the twins analyzed the information.

"well, candace, i think you're harassing me and need to leave."

my mind celebrated in victory as the twins realized that vicky was a liar and that i was telling the truth.

"thank you for telling the truth, candace. we appreciate your honesty." ethan said, leaving the room. "you may get back to work now."

i nodded, my lips curled into a smile. i couldn't help but be relieved that i still had my job.

"hey, wanna talk for a minute? i can take a break." grayson asked, leading me out of the room. i shrugged as i began to walk toward the elevators.

"i'll take that as a yes, being your boss. we can just hang down in your office?"

"sure, boss." i replied professionally, both of us bursting into laughter. he shook his head as we walked into the elevator, descending down to the floor of my office.

NOTES:
russell is the mannnn
- kelsey <3