nineteen

[ october 17th, 2017 ]

grayson

"ethan, you need to get up. we have jobs to do." i pleaded, pulling the duvet off of my brother. he groaned deeply, covering his body up in the sheet now. "ethan!"

i pulled the sheet off of him, leaving him bare against the thin sheet on the mattress.

"grayson, stop!" he yelled angrily, sitting up and attempting to snatch the covers that were balled up in my hands.

"get up, ethan! we need to get to work! you've been in bed all weekend!" i said, throwing the covers on the ground. "i understand why you're upset, i would be too, but you need to get over it! you were gonna divorce her ass anyway!"

ethan groaned once more, rolling onto the floor now.

"doesn't mean it still doesn't hurt, asshat." he groggily replied, throwing his pillow at me. i caught it in mid-air and set it back on his bed.

"now, get ready. i'll drive today."

i walked out of the room, watching my twin make slow movements like a sloth, eventually standing up after about five tries. he was truly a mess.

the smell of banana pancakes awaited me in the kitchen downstairs, for i had taken a break from cooking breakfast to get ethan up. when i was a teenager, i always thought that i would be the greatest chef in the city. ethan never really liked my food though. i thought it was fucking delicious, and i still have the same opinion today.

i flipped the golden pancakes on the griddle as i watched them sizzle against the heated surface. i couldn't wait to dig in. i slowly set each and every pancake in a huge stack on a platter, setting it in the middle of the counter.

i quickly sent a picture of my masterpiece to candace, hoping she would understand what an amazing chef i was. i was pretty proud of my work, honestly.

"it smells like shit down here." ethan grumbled as he walked down the stairs. i rolled my eyes as i set one of the pancakes on my plate, digging in.

"they smell fucking delicious ethan, shut up." i chewed the frothy pancake, the flavor melting on my tongue. "and they taste fucking delicious too."

ethan walked past the counter, ignoring my beautiful stack of pancakes, and grabbed some frosted flakes from the pantry. without grabbing a bowl, he opened the lid and poured some in his mouth, and then poured some milk in along with it.

"you're absolutely disgusting, eth." i exclaimed, taking another bite of the pancake along with a swig of apple juice.

he groaned as he sat down on the stool next to mine, watching me eat my delicious banana pancakes.

NOTES:
had to add a lil twin life action :)
- kelsey <3