sixteen

[ october 15th, 2017 ]
[ excessive strong language will be used ]

[ october 15th, 2017 ][ excessive strong language will be used ]

candace

grayson and i were currently at the dolans' mansion, due to the fact that the twins still needed to talk about the meredith situation. i decided to go and support him, just to give him some company. apparently, ethan was planning on divorcing meredith after our double date, but now that she was pregnant with a child, he wasn't sure what to do.

"we can go talk in my room, gray." ethan said, getting up from the couch. grayson nodded, squeezing my hand and getting up from the couch to accompany ethan.

after the twins had completely disappeared, meredith obviously had something to say, as per usual.

"why are you even here?" she asked, taking a sip of her seltzer water.

i shrugged my shoulders, not wanting to start any sort of argument with her. it was useless anyway.

"are you and grayson even dating? like, last time i checked he already like, had a girl."

my face went blank, not knowing how to react to that information. i had no idea if she was telling the truth, but what if it was the truth?

"when was that?" i asked, worried that i was a culprit of grayson cheating on a significant other.

"ha, he didn't tell you! what a fool! i'll let him tell you that." meredith chuckled, setting her plastic bottle full of clear liquid down on the coffee table. she crossed her legs tightly and set her hands gently on her stomach.

"tell me, meredith. i would tell you something like this if it had to do with ethan, it's just the nice thing to do." i replied, desperate to hear who grayson had apparently been having an affair with.

"alexis ren, she's like, a model from miami. i used to be her like, friend but she's like, such a hoe, even says it in the name. grayson's like, dating her, haven't you heard?" meredith pulled out her phone, showing me a picture of grayson kissing the attractive woman at the beach. "that was about like, a month ago."

i held back tears from falling, thinking that i was worthless. i thought he genuinely liked me for me, not just as some side chick.

"we're back." ethan exclaimed, walking down the stairs and taking a seat next to meredith. grayson followed behind him, smiling at me. i looked away, not wanting to view the face of the man who just thought of me as a side chick.

he sat closely next to me, just as i scooted away. his eyebrows furrowed, as he tried to grab my hand. i quickly pulled it away.

"so, what have you guys been doing down here?" grayson asked, directing the question toward me.

"oh, i was just telling her the truth down here, grayson." meredith replied, a smirk plastered across her face.

"what truth?" grayson asked in reply, his jaw clenching.

"that she's just your fucking side chick, grayson. you know exactly what i'm talking about. we all know you're dating alexis ren!" meredith yelled, angry that he was playing dumb with her.

"what the fuck are you talking about, meredith? i've never even heard of that name!" grayson replied, his voice booming throughout the house.

"yeah, what the fuck are you talking about, mere? grayson's last girlfriend was five years ago!" ethan said, siding with his twin brother.

meredith stayed silent as she played with her fingers, her lie being revealed.

"i know, i know you didn't date alexis ren. but i do know that candace is a fat ass, ugly ass, piece of shit bitch that doesn't deserve you, gray! nobody deserves you!" meredith explained, tears beginning to roll down her cheeks. "the truth is, i've only ever like, been in love with you, grayson! you always rejected me, so i like, got with ethan to get closer to you. i love you grayson!"

all of our jaws dropped as meredith sobbed uncontrollably, holding her stomach.

"is the baby even real?" i asked, anger flooding my entire body.

"a- about that, i f-faked a pregnancy to get grayson j-jealous." she stuttered, pulling a fake pregnancy pad out from under her stomach.

both of the twins' jaws clenched, in which they both ran upstairs in anger so that they didn't do something they would later regret. i felt horrible for both of them.

"get the fuck out, right now." i said angrily, pointing to the front door.

"you! you don't tell what to fucking do, you ugly ass bitch!" meredith screamed, throwing the pregnancy pad at me.

"i'm not telling you again, meredith. get the fuck out of this house."

she stomped over to me, hitting me repeatedly. i stood still, not retaliating to her childish actions.

"stop stealing grayson! you're a bitch!" she chanted, tears rolling down her face.

meredith eventually got tired of hitting me, due to the fact that i wasn't hitting back like she had hoped. she stomped out of the door without a word, being sure to slam it as hard as she could.

tears rolled down my face as i rushed upstairs to check on the twins. meredith was such a bitch, especially for playing ethan like that.

"you two okay?" i asked calmingly, walking into the room where i heard soft yells and cries.

"get the fuck out. i never want to see you again." ethan said, his head in his hands as he sat on the edge of the king size bed.

"it's candace, not meredith." i clarified, walking fully into the room. i wiped tears from my eyes, trying to seem like i was fine.

"GET THE FUCK OUT, CANDACE!" grayson yelled, throwing a fragile glass a couple inches away from me. the innocent glass shattered all over the floor, a shard of glass tearing open a long slit of skin on my calf. i couldn't tell if his emotions were getting to him again or if he actually meant what he had said.

either way, i exited the room, tears streaming down my face like a waterfall. the pain on my leg was numb, for the only pain was in my heart.

NOTES:
this chapter sucked , i'm so sorry! also, adding all of those "like"s in meredith's quotations was so funny for me lol
- kelsey <3