x

"your mother has been having an affair with one of my coworkers for quite sometime now." dad starts out after he sits me down. a small gasp escapes my lips.

"you're joking." i say quietly. he shakes his head no. i roll my eyes, and i'm not sure why.

"i'm sorry, daddy." i apologize, putting my hand over his on the counter. he offers me a warm smile, his blue eyes meeting mine. all of a sudden, i hear the baby monitor cry. he excuses me without saying, and i rush to my bedroom, seeing my daughter crying in her crib.

"mommy's here." i murmur, holding her to my chest, getting ready to feed her.

when raelei is finally down for the night, it's my turn to try and get some sleep. school for the first time in almost a month tomorrow. the first time i'll be leaving my baby for more then a few hours. thankfully, dad has offered to take her since he's off work for a little while.

i roll onto my side, checking that my phone says it's two in the morning. great. i close my eyes, lying completely still, in an attempt to slip into a deep sleep.

7 am.

fuck.

my eyes open quickly, and i shut off my alarm before my daughter decides to wake up. this is the longest she's slept through the night, and i'd like this to continue if i can help it.

i sneak to my dresser sleepily, grabbing leggings and a cropped sweater that just reaches the hem of them.

i put on the outfit and make my way to the bathroom, brushing my teeth and hair, and applying my makeup.

"sweetheart, are you almost ready? big day today." dad pokes his head in the doorway as i'm putting on the rest of my lip gloss. then i look at him, blinking.

"i think so. are you sure you've got raelei?"

part of me feels bad leaving my daughter with my father when he's done this before and he's been free from it since i was a toddler.

"don't worry about it, i've got it all taken care of. you just don't worry, alright?" i kiss his cheek, walking out of the room and down the hall to my bedroom.

i check on raelei, kissing her little forehead before grabbing my backpack and phone, slipping on my heels.

"her milk is in the fridge, everything is in the cabinet in my room. she likes-"

"i know. your old man's got this. you just have a good day at school." he winks and i smile before walking out to my car in the new jersey heat.

when i park in the student parking lot, i can see ethan and grayson standing at the concrete steps, casually talking. of course. where else would they be on a school morning, then with each other?

i get out of the car, sling my bag over my shoulder, and begin walking toward the steps. people's heads begin to turn once they see me, and when my boyfriend's gaze lands on me, he lights up.

"damn my baby's lookin' fine!" he whistles loudly as i approach them.

"you better believe it baby boy." i wink, standing next to him, kissing his neck quickly.

"how's our girl this morning?"

"she was still asleep when i left, thank goodness. dad insists he's got it under control and i trust him."

i decide not to bring up the situation with my mother. not in front of everyone. ethan pulls me into him, surprising me, and his lips lock with mine. then his hand squeezes my ass in a swift motion.

"damn, i've missed you."

"it's only been a few hours. you literally saw me last night." i whisper, smirking.

"you two, ugh." gray groans, and starts to walk up the stairs along with other students.

"slut." i hear avery's hiss pass me, and i quickly move my gaze to watch her walk into school.

"it's fine, i'm fine." i cool myself down, and when i look at my boyfriend, everything is just as it should be.

through the day, i breeze through my classes, hear the occasional gossip about ethan and i, and questions about the baby. some people have even had the audacity to spread rumors about how much we have sex.

what the hell?

people have been saying that we both lost our virginity to each other. which, is true, but still. why are people so cruel?

"have you been hearing it all too?" he asks me during last period, his hand on my thigh as we wait for the teacher to come in.

i give a nod, turning my head to look at him.

"i'm sorry ally." he suddenly apologizes.

"for what?" i verbalize my thought.

"for all of this. if i had just listene-"

"look at me." i bring up my hand to cup his jaw, turning his head so he's looking directly at me.

"you have nothing to be sorry for. no one is at fault here. it happened, and i'm not ashamed that it did. look at how amazing raelei is already! she was made out of love, and that's all the matters, ethan."

i find myself tearing up at my words. i still get damn mood swings from time to time and they're a bitch to deal with.

"so her name's raelei? how cute." avery comments sarcastically, sitting at the desk behind us. i'm about to reach over and slap her when mr. reed comes into the classroom.

♡♡♡♡
she's back at school :)))))