Love is Eternal

Disclaimer: Any names mentioned in this story that is related to any historical and public figure is purely coincidental and unintentional.

Chapter 1

The Promise of Innocent Hearts

In a 15th-century English town, there's a legend about a vampire named Sinclair Dreykov. According to the villagers, he preys on young women and little girls. He lives in the castle on top of the hill.This night, he is planning to turn Rosella Higgins into a vampire.

"Rosella!" Alan Richardson, Rosella's friend, said. "Come here. I want to show you something." 

"What is it?" Rosella asked. Alan showed her a heart-shaped stone by the river. 

"Wow! It's so pretty. Can I have it?" the little girl asked.

"Of course. But I want you to promise me one thing. When we grow up, you'll be my wife. Okay?" Alan said.

"O-Okay. That's a promise, right?" 

"Certainly. I will protect you no matter what, Milady." Alan answered. It maybe a childish promise but to them, it's the most important thing for them. 

Alvin, Alan's older brother, was jealous of his younger sibling since his birth. To him, Alan stole everything he had: the love of his parents, and now, Rosella's.

One day, Alan and Rosella rode ot their secret place, the grove near the river. They had a picnic there. Little does Alan know, this would be the last time he will ever see his childhood friend.

"Uhm... Alan, I have something to tell you. I'm leaving Stratford in the morrow." Rosella said.

"What? Where are you going, Rosie?" Alan asked.

"I'm off to a boarding school in London. I'm sorry." she answered. Alan began to search from his pockets until he has a necklace in his hands. He put it on to her neck. 

"What is it?"

"It's my parting gift for you. I'm going to miss you, Rosie. I'm going to wait for you in this place until you return." Alan spoke and grinned at Rosella. Suddenly, fear clutched his heart. He had sensed something or someone who is watching them intently. He knew who it is.

"Rosella, we have to go! It's getting dark." he said and grabbed her hand. They began to ride away from the woods but the vampire Sinclair cornered them. He grinned while showing his fangs. 

"Good evening, my children. Staying out late in the woods, aren't you? Anyway move away, boy. I have come for your friend Rosella." he said and grabbed the girl. She screamed.

"Rosie! Get away from her!" Alan shouted and tackled the old vampire real hard. He let Rosella go. 

"Alan!"

"Go! Get away from here!" Alan replied and slapped the rump of her horse.

"You bastard! You shall suffer the vampire curse... for all eternity!!!" Sinclair said and bit ALan's neck. The lad screamed while Rosella escapes with tears on her eyes. 

When Rosella returned home, she was beyond terrified. That's when Alan's parents knew of their son's sacrifice.

The following morning, Rosella and her family went to London. As for Alan, no one has ever seen or heard from him again.