Princess

Nicki sat on her king sized bed filing down her nails when her phone rang. She lazily picked it up and hesitated even more when she saw who was calling.

"What do you want, Drake?"

"You," he said nonchalantly.

"Goodbye."

"Wait! I just wanted to tell Audrey goodnight. Please let me. She's my daughter too," he pleaded.

I ended the call and facetimed him instead. I felt my heart flutter as I took in his appearance. His now curly hair leaked sweat droplets on his caramel face as he tried with every effort to stop it.

"For a moment there I thought you denied my request," he said with a smirk.

"Why are you sweating?"

"I just came from the gym."

This nigga.

"At 1 in the morning?!"

"Never too late to get in shape. You should try it sometime," he said while laughing.

"I would curse your waffle coloured behind if my princess wasn't in this room."

"As much as I love seeing your face, I wanna see my princess. You're not the reason why I called, babe,"he said while smiling.

Not anymore.

I left my phone on the bed and walked over to our 3 month old baby. She was wide awake but didn't make a sound which had me worried. I brushed back her auburn curls and watched her hazel eyes sparkle as she focused on me. They looked so perfect against her caramel complexion. I picked her up and sat back on the bed. I picked up my phone and positioned it so he could see only her face.

"My baby," he said as his face lit up upon seeing her.

"Daddy misses you so much you don't even know it. I promise I'm going to make this tour go by as fast as I can so I can come meet you. I love you so much Drey," he said with tears in his eyes.

I ended the facetime and put Drey back in her crib. She watched me intently then closed her eyes and just like that she was knocked out.

I picked up my phone and called Drake.

"You know I hate it when you make false promises to her," I said, trying my best to keep my voice down.

"It's not false because I already cancelled the tour in about 30 states because I want to see her and hold her and let her know she has a father."

"If you wanted her that much you wouldn't have left in the first place."

"Onika, I'm trying my best to make things right between us for the benefit of Audrey and you're just being dificult."

"I'M BEING DIFFICULT!!! YOU KNOW WHAT FORGET YOU! DON'T COME BACK! STAY ON YOUR FREAKING TOUR BECAUSE WE DON'T NEED YOU! WE'VE BEEN FINE ON OUR OWN FOR THIS LONG SO I THINK WE CAN DO THIS! I'M NOT THE ONE WHO LEFT MY BABY MAMA TO GO ON A TOUR THAT COULD HAVE EASILY BEEN PUSHED BACK BUT YOU INSISTED ON KEEPING THE DATES! SO WHAT, YOU THINK SHOWING UP FOR HER BIRTH AND LEAVING AN HOUR AFTER IS GOOD ENOUGH! YOU LEFT ME TO DO EVERYTHING BY MYSELF! ALL THE LATE NIGHTS AND STRESS I TOOK UP ON MY OWN BECAUSE MY BABY HAS A DEADBEAT, GOOD FOR NOTHING FATHER! I HATE YOU! YOU SAID YOU DIDN'T WANNA BE LIKE YOUR DAD BUT CONGRATULATIONS BECAUSE YOU'RE WAY WORSE! AT LEAST YOUR DAD STAYED TO WATCH YOU GROW UP! STAY THE HELL OUT OF OUR LIVES  DRAKE AND DON'T CALL ME BACK! EVER!"

I threw my phone on the ground and walked over to the crib to pick up a screaming Audrey.

"It's ok baby. Mommy's sorry for yelling," I said while trying to calm her down. After five minutes she calmed down and I walked over to my bed and lay down with her on my chest.

"It's you and I against the world Audrey. No matter what you'll always be my princess," I said while kissing her forehead and watching her tiny eyes shut.

We'll be fine.

______________________________________

It's 1:57 AM where I live and I'm so tired I have a headache but I had to give you guys this oneshot because it's been floating about in my head for some time now.

Love you

xoxoxo