Acceptance

Drake

He's mine.

I stared at the DNA test for a good five minutes before a smile made its way to my face.

I have a son.

I got up and started dancing crazily around my living room. Granted this was not how I planned on having my first child, I was still excited that I was a father.

"Yo. What's all this excitement about?" Chubbs asked while the rest of the OVO crew came pouring into the living room.

"I'm a father now," I said while beaming.

After I said that there was a ton of shouts of excitement from my boys.

"Yo. This calls for a celebration man. You're a daddy," 40 said.

"Should we go out or just kick it back here?" Ryan asked.

"I think we should just throw a party here in a few days. I just want to lay low and soak in the fact that I'm a father," I said before I sat down on the couch.

"I'm surprised you're this happy about it," Niko stated.

"I mean I hate the way my baby came into the world. I'm not even in a relationship with Sophie. Hell, I only met her twice but this is my fault. It's my responsibility so I have to own up and claim my child."

"Have you told your parents?" Chubbs asked me.

"No you guys are the first to find out. I'm scared you know. I challenged my parents on every album and now I'm embarrassed to tell them that I ended up as a co parent. At least they were married when they had me."

"I understand man but you still have to tell your mom at least. That's something that you can't keep from her," OB stated.

"I know. I'll go call her right now," I said before making my way to my room.

I sat down on my bed thinking of how I was going to tell my mother. She always warned me about my reputation with women.

"Aubrey all it takes is one time to get a woman pregnant," my mother said to me.

"I know ma. I swear I'm being careful," I said.

She watched me with a disapproving look before she left the room.

She was right. All it took was one time.

I sighed before running my hand over my face. I picked up my phone before dialling her number. I had to do it now before I lost all the courage to do so.

"Aubrey," I heard her say as soon as she picked up.

"Hey ma. How are you?"

"I'm fine. You?"

"Good I guess. I have something to tell you."

"Shoot."

"Umm. I'm a father now."

"Only now?"

"Ma!"

"Didn't I tell you that all it took was one time? Huh?"

"I know and I swear I was being careful but slip ups happen."

"If you were being careful, slip ups wouldn't have happened. Who is she?"

"Her name is Sophie Brussaux. She's French. Former adult film star."

"You couldn't have chosen anyone better."