Choices

I sat in front of the mirror and just stared at my reflection. If someone told me that I would be getting married to him of all people I would have told them to never speak to me again but here I am in this room getting pampered for a wedding that I'm not sure I even want to attend.

I always wanted to get married as a child but I thought the man I would be marrying would be my childhood best friend- the love of my life but he's not even in my life anymore.

We fell in love after three years of being best friends and we were in a relationship for a year but I figured that we were better off as friends. I thought he was ok with that but instead he cut me off and it felt as if   someone was depriving me of oxygen. He keeps me sane and he knows that but he still left and I miss him so much. I struggled with depression which lead to substance abuse and the man I'm going to marry was the one who saved me so I just decided to stay with him.

I heard a knock on the door and smiled when I saw my mother. She had come all the way from Trinidad and I just didn't want to waste her time.

"You look beautiful darling," she said while hugging me.

He used to say that to me.

I tried to say thank you but then I instantly started to cry. I need him bad, now more than ever.

"Are you crying because you can't wait to marry Nasir?"

I choked on my spittle and watched her dead in the eye.

"I don't know what I want anymore Mommy."

"What do you mean? I thought you'd be excited because this is your big day."

"I just don't think I'll ever be able to love someone like I loved Aubrey."

"That boy lead you to depression and you suffered with substance abuse for the  longest time and you still love him! Are you crazy Onika?!"

"It was all my fault. I pushed him away. He didn't do anything wrong but I felt that our relationship was too good to be true. I felt that something might have broken us apart and I couldn't risk that so I told him that we would be better off as friends but he didn't want that I guess because he left and it's all my fault and I miss him and I want him back. He's the only person I would let marry me. I feel trapped in this relationship with Nas. I feel as if I owe him something because he saved me but I don't love him. I love Drake and I'll only love Drake."

Drake

She is getting married.

She moved on. She doesn't need me anymore. She found someone else to keep her sane. I miss her but I guess she doesn't miss me.

She killed what was between us. She never loved me and she is going to prove that today. What I don't understand is why the hell I am going to the wedding. Maybe it's because I just want complete closure on our relationship. Maybe I just want to see her again. Maybe I just want to see her happy, even if it's without me. Maybe it's because I still love her.

Nicki

"I'm sorry that I made you fly all the way from Trinidad but I just can't marry him right now."

"I'm fine with whatever you do hija. You just have to try to explain that to all those guests out there and your fiancé ."

"I just wanna run away and not face them and I think that's what I'm gonna do."

"You can't do that Onika. That's unacceptable. I won't let you do that," she said while shaking me a little too rough.

I removed her hands and took out my wedding gown and replaced it with some sweats and and a tshirt.

"I can do whatever I want mother," I said while grabbing my phone and rushing out of the room.

I was running down the stairs so quickly that I bumped into something really hard. I started to cry instantly because it really hurt.

"You were never really  good at escaping," the one and only said.

"AUBREYYYYYY!" I yelled while wrapping my arms and legs around his body as he lifted me up from the ground.

We stayed like that for a good five minutes before he put me down to stare at me.

"Where are you going missy?" he asked with a smile that made my heart melt.

"I was leaving actually. Want to come with?" I said while grabbing his hand and leading him away from the chapel.

"Aren't you supposed to be getting married?"

"I couldn't do it. I promise to talk to you later but right now I just need you to stick with me. Can you do that?"

"Always and forever baby," he said while wrapping his arms around me and placing a kiss on my forehead.

"You can kiss me Aubrey. A real one this time."

He smiled at me and attached his lips to mine.

Gosh I missed him.

______________________________________
Edited💕