A different meet

Kensi and Nell were hanging out together with Sam, Callen and Eric. They were at a bar celebrating Kensi's birthday and she was really happy with her family.

"Okay, Kensi, it's time!" Sam said as they all started singing Happy birthday to Kensi. Everyone at the bar started clapping while Kensi picked a candle to wish something.
"Happy birthday, Kens" said Nell as she hugged Kensi. Everyone started giving their birthday wishes to her when a very handsome guy came to her to give her his birthday wishes.

"Hey. I'm Marty, huh... Happy birthday!"

"Oh, thank you! I'm Kensi, by the way!" Kensi was really liking this guy.

"Nice to meet you, Kensi! Well, do you wanna drink something? It's my birthday gift..."

"Huh, I don't know... I don't want to interrupt anything between you and your friend..." Kensi said as she pointed to a girl standing at the dance floor.

"Oh, no, we, no... Huh, we just work together, we are coworkers..."

"Are you nervous? You look nervous!"

"Me? Nervous? Of course not! Pff, nervous..." Marty laughed but he was definitely nervous.

"Hum, whatever. I accept that drink, do you have something in mind?"

"It's your birthday, you choose!"
Kensi and Marty headed to the bar and Kensi asked the bartender for the greatest drink they had and it costs 20$, Kensi looked at Marty to see if it was okay for her to ask for one. Marty caught that look and said "Make it double!", what made Kensi smile that made Marty smile too.

"So, are you guys dating?" Asked the bartender.

"Is it that obvious?" Marty joked.

"What? He's just kidding, we met each other literally a few minutes ago."

"And you're already in love? That's a record!"

"We are not in love!"

"Don't say that, princess!"

"Okay, I'm done, I gotta go..." Kensi said as she left to go to her friends.

"Hey, no, Kensi, don't go, please... Kensi!"
Kensi turned around very quickly what made Marty go against her.

"Uh, sorry..."
Kensi's hand was on Marty's chest in an attempt to stop him, but it didn't work. They were too close but none of them actually cared.
They stare at each other eyes for a few moments before Kensi talked.

"Maybe we should, huh..."

"Yeah, ok, I should get going..." Marty said has he stepped back. "Huh, this is my... my number, in case you... in case you wanna call me."

"Oh, ok, thank you, I will, huh, I will certainly use it!" Kensi said as they both smiled.

"Then I'll be waiting for it... Bye!"

"Bye!"

Marty turned to leave but then turned around again to Kensi.

"Oh, and Kensi?"

"Hum?"

"Happy birthday!" Marty said and smiled as he went out of the bar.

"Who was that?"

"Who was who? Too much alcohol, Nell?" Kensi joked and smile.

"No, not alcohol at all!"

"I just met him, okay? Nothing special!"

"Details..."

"He bought me a drink, nothing else!"

"If you say so..."