Why?

A/N: Hello, guys! Okay, so, I read somewhere that in season 9 Deeks would hesitate to tell his mom that he was engaged, so I thought about this... Hope you like it!

Deeks' POV

Tonight me and Kensi are going to have dinner with my mom and her boyfriend... I'm nervous, because I don't think I want to tell her that me and Kensi are engaged, I don't know why, I just don't want to...

"Deeks, are you ready?" Kensi asked.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm ready! Let's go." I said a little bit insecure, but trying my hardest to hide it.

"Are you sure?" Kensi sounded worried.

"Not really..." I said and sat in my desk.

"What happened?" Kensi asked as she approached slowly, worry clear in her face.

"I just... I don't know if it is a good idea to tell my mom that we are engaged..." I said, insecure of her response.

"Why?" Kensi said with a confused look in her face.

"I don't know... I guess I just don't want her to ruin our moment, you know?" I know this is a stupid excuse, but I meant it... It would be mine and Kensi moment, I don't want my mom ruining it...

"Deeks... I don't think that is going to happen... I think your mom knows that this moment is very important to both of us... she wouldn't ruin it..." Kensi said trying to reassure me.

"Exactly because of being an important step for both of us, she would do it... Kens, I love my mom, I really do, but I really think she can't control herself sometimes, you know? I know she doesn't do it on purpose, she doesn't mean to do it, but it happens... I don't know..." I blurred out.

"It's okay to be scared, but you don't have to worry about this... We already told my mom, so, if your mom tries to do something, and she won't, my mom won't let her, I won't let her, you won't let her, no one will let her do anything!" Kensi said with a smile in her face. I leaned in and kissed her, I was really needing it.

"Thank you, Kens! We're late... almost... let's just get going!" I said with a chuckle after breaking from our embrace.

"Yeah... you're right!" Kensi said and we walked out side by side to our car.

-------------- At Ms. Deeks house -------------

Deeks' POV

"And we are here!" I said while Kensi was parking the car at my mom's place.

"Yeah... are you ready?" She asked me with a concerned look on her face.

"I think I am.. as long as I have you by my side, I don't have to worry about a thing." I said and grinned at her while leaning slowly into her.

"Oh, you bet it!" She said and turned around to get out of the car, hitting me with her hair.

She opened her door and came to my side as I was getting out of the car. Then, she picked my hand and intertwined our fingers together.

"Are we getting in my mom's house like this?" I asked while looking between our hands and her eyes.

"We are engaged, you should be entering there with me on your arms like a knight in armour would do with a princess in danger!" She said and gave that smile she always does when telling a bad joke that she thinks is awesome. I smiled at her and walked to my mom's house.

"I think walking hand in hand it's easier, but if you want me to 'over the threshold' you, just say it!" I said with a small chuckle.

"No, thank you!" She said and knocked on the door.