DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES.

╔═══════════════╗
DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES.
INTRODUCTION.
╚═══════════════╝

Loving you was war

Loving you was war.

When the bloodshed ended,
we couldn't even resist each other,
our bodies were maps
of pain and destruction
our faces the aftermath
of an entire world in ashes.

We were Pandora's Box personified,
it just took opening it up to realise
how deeply poisonous
we were truly together.

━ Nikita Gill

[ WHAT'S THE POINT IN WINNING A WAR WHEN YOU LOST WHAT YOU WERE FIGHTING FOR ]

        AGE-OLD TALES WERE TOLD THERE, tales of dragons and heroes, good and evil, of times of war and times of peace, but mostly of life and death. Stretched across a never ending sea of sorrows, millions of scattered glimmers of hope pierced through the veil. How many battles won? How many soldiers lost? All beneath the beauty of the stars who had seen so much in their courses of life. Who knew how much they could endure.

          The House of Varens is shrouded in prestige, as Kings who refused to yield to the Targaryens instead choosing to fight to the brink of destruction for their peoples and their place. Though not as ancient as the Starks, nor as wealthy as the Lannisters, the House draws its power from knowledge. They bargain: for peace and survival, for life and death. However long since their prestige has prevailed — withstanding the terrible winters and endless battles — the members of House Varens have prided themselves on the fact that they have never surrendered their people or place. They are royalty through and through but regality has a price.

          Their words all is not lost serves as a subtle warning to those who dare threaten them. No matter what they will prevail, no matter how weak they are perceived to be. Even what they had been fighting a losing fight against the Targaryens all those centuries ago the war ended with the Varens as victors, refusing to put their home in enemy's hands. The small island of Verona — situated west of the North — is said to be inhabited by ghosts of days past. Their spirits linger and their presence ever glowing. They bequeath strength upon the Varens and Verona alike. They live as ghosts do, trapped in time — never ageing, almost divine deities. No one truly knows the truth of these rumours, only those too close to escape them. The raven on their sigil, a symbol of death, adds to the rumours. Nevertheless, it imposes a sense of fear and dread among the rest of Westeros. Their castle of Malgrave Keep resides in the heart of Verona on top of a hill as high as the heavens.

        The game of thrones is tainted by beauty more than skin deep. Judged not for the kindness of your heart but the regality coursing through your veins, God's blessed. They care — not for your sins, your crimes of war leaving mothers mourning sons and lovers mourning almost lovers — the cruelty of your actions mattered not for you will one day be deemed victorious and sins forgivable while innocents lay dead in your wake. The game of thrones, about deceptive morals and endearing lies. Friend or foe beware the man you think you know.