Chapter 33 - Puppeteer

I woke up with my nose buried down in Jason's neck and my arms around him. What a night it had been. It had all started just fine until Jason decided to beat up an innocent boy and then bring up the news about a brothel.

I rubbed my eyes. Had that Mason guy really a... brothel? He had seemed so charming and friendly. But the image of him had changed completely now that I knew who he really was. A pimp. A cold, clammy and old pimp. I shuddered. Just the though of girls who don’t determine over their own bodies and forced to have sex made ​​me throw up. How could Jason be so naive to think that those girls, who weren’t forced into it, were totally cool with it? How can anyone think that you wouldn’t feel miserable and dirty if you have sex for money? And it’s no way in hell that I see the prostitutes as nasty. It’s the customers there’s fucked up. They could be your neighbor, teacher or your father?!

With his eyes closed, Jason, sighing, bent his head down to mine. He did this every morning when he wanted to cuddle. I put my hands on his cheeks and caressed him.

But why would Jason want to be a part of this? I understood his point that he had nothing to do with the brothel. But what did it help that he just stood with his hands on his back and watched, as it all happened? Why would he want to be a employer to such a tyrant?

I had two choices now:

1: Leave Jason because I wont accept this mistake.

2: Stay with Jason and accept that he’s not the Superman I thought.

Pretty simple but yet so difficult. I didn’t want to leave Jason, but the thought of ​​the things he closed his eyes for... I needed a break from him. I could possible save our relationship, and then might see things from a new perspective?

With a sigh, I got up from the bed and walked over to my bag with clothes.

"Where are you going?” a sleepy Jason yawned from the bed.

"To a concert with Emma.” I muttered, taking my bra on.

"Really?” Jason sighed and rubbed his eyes. I rolled my eyes, knowing he couldn’t see it. If he did, he would go nuts.

"Yes. Yes I do.” I replied, placing myself in front of the mirror in the bathroom.

I combed my hair and put it up in a ponytail.

"I don’t know Christine,” Jason sighed as he stepped into the bathroom. ”I don’t think you should go.”

I raised my eyebrows and stared at him in the mirror. ”Why not?”

“You know why. Mason’s maybe watching you, and I don’t want to take any chances.” Jason said, and placed his hands on either side of me at the sink.

"You don’t want to take any chances?” I snorted. ”You had no problem with taking me directly to Mason yesterday.”

"Christine, I was forced okay!” Jason hissed and rolled his eyes. ”How many times do I have to say I'm sorry?”

"Sorry doesn’t solve a damn thing, Jason.”  I muttered and pushed myself past him.

He grabbed my arm and pushed me up against the bathroom door.

"Ouch Jason, it hurts!” I winced, and tried get free from his grasp.

"Listen bitch,” Jason snarled and grabbed my jaw. I flinched. ”You're not going to that fucking concert, do you understand that?" Jason spat.

“Let me go,” I whispered as I still tried to get out of his firm grasp as tears whelmed up in my eyes. Why did I always cry?

"Christine, I -”