1 - Dancing With Myself

Normally, he was at work until late at night. Tonight, however, he got off work early for once. He wanted to surprise his lovely girlfriend. As he silently opened the door, he heard the sounds of Billy Idol pour through the halls.

On the floor of Tokyo

Or down in London town to go, go

With the record selection

With the mirror reflection

I'm dancing with myself

He smiled to himself as he slowly crept into the kitchen, catching sight of his girlfriend dancing around the kitchen in an apron with a spoon in hand. She used the spoon as a microphone once in awhile. She was absolutely adorable. When she looked towards the doorway she gasped and dropped the spoon, but when she recognized his face she grinned brightly.

"Babe! You're home!" She walked over to him and gave him a hug. "I wasn't expecting you to be home so early... I was making you your birthday cake!"

"You were?" he said with a huge grin on his face. "You didn't have to make me a cake! We could've just gotten one from the store."

"You know, that suspiciously sounds like you don't like my cooking." She said with a mock glare. "Well, I'll have you know that I'm a much better baker than I am a cook."

"Here's to hoping." he replied jokingly.

"Hey!" she smacked him on the arm before crossing her arms. "My cooking's not that bad, is it?"

"Well, let's put it this way. There are some things that you make that are really delicious and then there are things that shouldn't be called food."

"Your cooking isn't any better! You just think you're hot shit don't you?"

He snorted. "Did you just call me hot shit? Well I mean at least you think I'm hot." He replied goofily. A grin spread across her face.

"You know it, baby." She winked and gave him a quick kiss before going back to the cake. "I didn't feel like making dinner since I was busy with this, so how about we just order take out?"

"Panda Express?"

"Of course." she said, giving me a cheeky grin before going back to baking. I couldn't help but sigh as I realized how hopelessly I was in love with this gorgeous girl.

[Word Count 381]
[7/21/17]