5 - The Night Sky

Ever since I was a child I always loved the night sky. It reminded me of, well, me. A thing many people don't appreciate. They see it for what it is, not what it holds. In the sky, what you see are billions of bright stars, forming the many beautiful shapes we call constellations, along with a moon to illuminate us in a blue glow. What you don't see is the many galaxies, suns, supernovas, black holes and everything that comes along with the universe. There are so many possibilities in this vast pit of space we call our home, yet all that everyone seems to see is the stars. It's like this with many things, appreciating a human being on what you see and not what you can't. In the human brain, like the universe, there is also so many infinite and beautiful possibilities, thoughts, and ideas, yet most people don't see it like that. People see it that we are what we are and we can't change. We can change if we believe we can. There is no such thing as fate.

"You can't change your fate." People who believe in fate believe we have no free choice. I believe that, while we may have a destiny, space and time are constantly changing. We have a choice when it comes to what we do, there is no greater good controlling us like dolls in a child's hands. We ourselves are responsible, and we must take hold of that responsibility and put it to use. 

[Word Count 255]
[1/17/17]