Chapter 7

I walked into the studio and Kelly was smiling very creepy like.

"Hello?" I said curiously.

"Congrats!" She said coming to me to give me a hug.

"Huh?"

"You're going to California for your angel protecting a heart art work."

"Whoa, whoa....WHAT!?!"

"Yeah, you left it on your stand and I displayed it in the window. A professional artist wanted to buy it but I told him it wasn't on sale so he told me he wanted you to work for him in California!" She squealed.

"Oh my gosh, REALLY!?!" I said squealing and jumping up and down.

"I know! You're leaving in two days and staying there for four days!" I stopped jumping.

"In two days? What the hell?" I repeated. Kelly nodded.

How am I going to tell Michael? Our relationship has been going well. Will he get mad if I don't tell him? I mean, this guy just wants to meet me. I don't know if I want to move to California. Maybe I won't have to tell him. I'll just be there for four days. I'm not ready to become a professional yet.

"And one more thing I need to tell you," She looked at me serious.

"Oh no, if it's about you know who then I don't want to hear it." I said.

"He's been looking for you." She said.

"Please, stop." I said in a hushed tone then walked to my stand.

"Hey Nathan, can you come over my house? I need someone to talk to." I asked over the phone.

"Sure, I'll be over in a minute." He replied.

I need someone that I can trust with a secret. I would of asked Lindsey but she's on a date with Chris and Margret is closing up the studio with Lee. As I wait I applied my 'special' chap stick. It's special because it smells like mint and it's extremely strong smelling. You can smell it across the art studio and it lasts for about a two hours and a half.

Nathan finally arrives. We walk to my room and closed the door. We settled down on my bed. I took a small breath.

"I might have to move."

"What! Why?"

"I have a great opportunity for being an artist. An artist saw my painting and wants me to work with him in California."

"So, what are you going to do?"

"I don't know. I'm only 16, it seems to early to start becoming a professional."

"Well what did Michael say about this?" I look down.

"You haven't told him yet?" I looked back up.

"I don't think its that important..."

"It is that important."

"How do I tell him?"

"Well you should tell him tomorrow." I shook my head in agreement.

"I'm sure Michael would want you to do this. He knows its your dream." Nathan said rubbing my shoulder.

We finally agreed that I am going. We also decided not to tell Michael until the perfect time.

"I'm so tired. I think I should go." Nathan said yawning loudly. His eyes are heavy and very close to being shut. He leans in and kisses me on the lips.

"NATHAN! What was that for!?" His eyes shot open.

"Oh god, I'm so sorry. I didn't know what I was doing. I'm sorry."

"....We NEVER speak of this....EVER!"

"I think I should go." He said getting up.

"Yes, yes you should." Nathan left quickly.

I'm speechless..I don't know what to say.....shocked, just plain shocked.

"Mom, I'm going for a walk." I said, grabbing my coat.

"Lorel, don't walk far."

"Alright." I said already half way out the door.

Feeling the cold wind sweep across my face gently calmed me down. It helps me release my problems. I walked to the nearest bench and sat down. I took slow, easy breaths. My eyes, closed and relaxed, didn't feel like opening again.

"Lorel?" A voice that I've been trying my hardest to forget spoke. I opened my eyes and there he was, standing directly infront of me.

"I need to talk to you." Cole said sitting next to me.

"Please, no." I said sliding to the edge of the bench. I swallowed hard trying not to remember everything we've been through, the emotions I felt when I saw him with Audrey. Suddenly, a hand friendly held onto mine. I looked back at Cole. His eyes reeled me, like when we first met. I tried to look away but knowing from my experience, that's not going to happen.

"Please, hear me out. I'm sorry for hurting you. I know you know that we were perfect together but I was dumb and messed it up. You are amazing Lorel and I don't know why you wanted to go out with me in the first place. When I said I loved you, I wasn't lying." He swallowed hard. I still sat there looking into his hypnotizing eyes. They started getting shiny and a drop came rolling down. I then realized, tears were dropping one by one from my eyes.

Cole wrapped me in his arms like he used to. All at once memories started to swarm in my head. I remembered when he stopped calling every night, then when I went to his house I saw him locking lips with Audrey.

Suddently, I pushed that memory away and started to remember the good times like, the day we went to a rose garden, our first kiss, the night I couldn't sleep so he sang to me over the phone. When we fed ducks at the pond and he accidentally fell in then I fell in trying to help him. I smiled and tears curved around my mouth and landed on his coat.

"Do you forgive me?" He asked looking in my eyes. With tears still rolling down I nodded. Cole smiled. Our noses were touching and our eyes were already closed, ready for the make-up kiss. We leaned in closer where I can feel his breath on my lips. We gotten closer but our lips didn't touch.

"No. I'm sorry, I've got a boyfriend." I said, quickly standing. He nodded awkwardly. I wiped the tears away.

"I do forgive you." and with that I walked away.

*******

Thank you for reading. please fan, comment, and vote ;D.

COMMENT! i need to know what you think. it would mean a lot to me.