• xiii •

Dedicated to lexicon75  for silently reading and voting 😏. Thanks for all the support you've shown this story ❤❤

═════ ═════

11:59pm,
Saturday, 3rd of June 2017.

To  the woman who birthed me,

This morning I finally gathered enough courage to knock on your door.

When you opened the door you were surprised to find me awake but still you smiled and let me in.

I asked if there was anything I could help you with and you handed me a brush for your hair.

"Do you remember those mornings when you'd keep snoozing till I'd push you out of the bed." I said to your reflection in the mirror as I brushed down your long hair.

You gave a short laugh and shook your head. "I remember, that old lady would shout at me from her house to stop being lazy and get up. God those paperlike walls."

I miss those days. I wanted to say but smiled at you through the mirror instead.

After minutes of filled with reminiscing and making fun of your different makeup tools, you finally left for work.

I sat on your chair and stared long and hard at the mirror, wondering if we just shared a moment.

But as we talked about old times, I realized that while I reflected back in nostalgia and yearning for those days, you did too, but with gladness that they were over and in the past.

Maybe it wasn't a moment after all.

Maybe, just like our love, it was one-sided.

Letting out a long breath, I walked around your vast room. The walk in closet, one part of the wall held a large shelf that contained only your shoes.

The flat screen TV, the queen sized bed, the cutout office at the side.

The life you've always wanted.

There was a paper on top of your desk facing down and without much thought I picked it up.

It was a doctors report from a blood test, with my now piqued curiosity, I read on. It had your name as the patient and my heart rate sped up a bit.

I read through the different columns.

Malaria: Negative.

HIV: Negative.

I placed a hand on my chest to calm myself as my eyes flitted from one column to the other.

Pregnancy: Positive.

I sat on the chair and read again and again.

What did this mean?

Your Forgotten,
Mola.