• xv •

I was surprised and excited to see votes and comments from you soulsofstars This chapter is dedicated to you. Thanks for giving YF a try❤

═════ ═════

11:59pm,
Monday, 5th of June 2017.

To the woman who birthed me,

Silent arguments have become a constant for you and your husband these days.

Today it was outside my room, I moved closer to the door and I heard his voice towering over yours even in whispers.

"What do you mean you don't have any money." I heard his voice echo through the hallway.

"Simple as that, I'm broke." you replied.

"But you have enough to spare for your boyfriends right?" he asked, daring you to agree with him.

"Bayo, it's too early for this. I have to get to work."

"My phone is having problems, I just need to repair it."

"Well if you weren't sitting at home eating free food all day, maybe you won't have to keep asking all the time." You said.

"What did you say?" His voice growing angry.

"Leave my arm, you'll wake her up."

"I don't care, she's supposed to be awake already. Repeat what you said."

"Leave my arm you're hurting me!"

I closed my eyes and held my breath, praying he would let you go.

After beats of silence, I heard footsteps draw closer towards my door and I rushed to the bed.

A tap on my leg and I opened my eyes only to be greeted by those charcoal eyes and permanent frown.

"Get up." he said, anger still radiating off him after the conversation the both of you had.

"Ever since you came back from school what do you do everyday in this house?"

I looked down at my scattered duvet. "Nothing."

"I told your mother to let me handle you but she refused. Just look at yourself."

I didn't say anything but fisted my hands as I tried to control the heat rising in my chest.

"So what do you want to do? Wait for next session so you can go to another expensive school and disgrace us there too?"

I didn't say anything.

"I'm asking you!" he shouted at me, making me jerk.

"No" I gave a weak reply.

"I am ashamed of you. I didn't know you'll take this road too."

I felt my eyes sting.

"Next month you'll be starting summer lessons at that public school near our house. You won't stay in my house and keep misbehaving."

With that he stormed out of my room.

I wanted to cry so bad at his words, I hid under my duvet and kept wiping my eyes.

I shouldn't cry because of him, you used to tell me crying is for babies.

I just don't understand anything anymore. I'm tired of thinking about everything.

Happiness can never be mine in this house, I'm tired.

Locking my door, I fumbled around for my jeans and took the packet of cigarette.

Is this entirely wrong?

I just don't want to think about you or him or even the baby.

I just turned 15 for Christ sake, should I be worrying about my parents like this?

I just want to be normal. I want us to be normal

How can we be normal?

Your Forgotten,
Mola.