Falling

JACK

I just turn and look at the Queen. She turns to me and smiles. "Umm," I sort of mumble. How are you supposed to talk to a queen? All of a sudden my mind blanks and I can't remember how to speak. I start speaking without even knowing what I'm saying.

Then all of a sudden she's laughing at me. "W-what?" I stutter, suddenly angry. She stops laughing and becomes serious. Although I can see a smile creeping through. "You're just," she pauses, as if trying to figure out what to say next, "different." She finally says.

"Different how?" I ask with a smile. "Just different. For instance, you're talking to me like I'm a normal person instead of a queen." At that moment I remember who she is. "Oh! I'm so sorry queen Elsa! I just... sort of... forgot." I say, hanging my head a little. Then I realize she's laughing again. I must be really funny, I think.

ELSA

I have developed a strange admiration for this Jack. Something inside me doesn't want to stop talking to him. "How old are you?" I ask him.

"17 but I'll be 18 in two months." He's so young, I think. "Would you mind taking a walk with me, Jack Overland?"

"Uh. Yes. I-I mean no. I wouldn't mind." His stuttering makes me laugh again. "Come along," I lead up him up to a little path by the forest I like to take walks on. Usually it's just me but sometimes Anna and I walk there and catch up.

We walk down the path talking about the town where Jack lives, his sister, his parents. When the subject turns to me I get a little sensitive. I don't usually like talking about shutting out my sister and putting a curse on Arendelle, but Jack stops me before I can start. "I already know about all of the things that happened last year. I want to know about now."

I smile. No one usually cares about what's happening with me these days. Especially not those who are still caught up with my powers. I tell him about Anna and Kristoff and Sven and Olaf. When I get to Olaf he laughs and says, "I've actually run into him a couple times. He's weird."

"Yes," I say laughing harder than before, "yes he is." We keep talking until I look up at the sky and realize the sun is setting. "Oh. I think it's best for you to go now." I say to Jack. He nods and makes his way down the path. "Goodbye!" he yells. "Goodbye," I answer. I walk back to the castle and sit on a bench. Sighing, I put my head in my hands. This can't be happening. I can't be falling for Jack Overland.