Moved On Part Ten

"You look like a gnome who’s raided a jumble sale." Were the first words from Sean's mouth when Annie, fresh from a shower, came into the kitchen. The fog had completely disappeared, as if but an erotically misty dream. Annie squeezed her thighs together, enjoying the delicious ache he had inflicted. She had never had sex that frenzied, or impetuous.

In the process of filling the kettle, Sean looked beautifully relaxed, gorgeous, glamorous. Annie looked down at herself, clad in Sean's clothes, stretched tight over her outie bits and all baggy over her innie bits. In books and films women always looked cute and sexy in men's clothes. In reality she thought she looked like a sack of potatoes. Not wanting to put dirty knicks on after her shower, Annie was also going commando and hoped Sean didn't know that.

"How about you put my dress on and we'll see how you look?" Annie challenged.

Sean leant against the counter tops, an amused smirk playing over his lips. "With my legs precious? I'll look better than your mates. Wanna brew?"

"Depends on what tea?" Annie asked, climbing onto a tall chair in front of the breakfast bar. "I don't want none of that lapdogshoesnog stuff."

"Nah, Tetley, proper tea." He placed a steaming mug on the surface and Annie curled her hands around its emanating heat.

"Reluctant as I am to bring this up Annie, I feel I must. I didn't use a condom. Now I know I'm clean..." Sean trailed off.

She could hear the ‘but’ coming. "Oh darling, don't be shy, just ask. I'll be perfectly happy to tell you how my latent tertiary syphilis plays 'avoc with me 'erpes, and the only reason I wax me noonie is to keep the crab population down. You make sure to tell them that down the clap clinic won't you?" Annie went to push the mug away in anger, but Sean's large hand placed over the rim stopped her.

"I didn't mean it like that." He defended gently.

"Yeah ya did."

"I meant pregnancy." He tried again.

"No you didn't." She shot back. "Anyway I always use condoms...And I have a coil fitted." Annie mumbled quickly under her breath, studying the curve of his fingers over her cup. Bruised knuckles aside, there was something about his hand that struck a chord, a drip of memory that melted away before she could examine it, and how had he bruised his knuckles?

"Huh, I guess you really didn't trust him."

"Who?" Annie's met his probing eyes in confusion.

Sean let go of the cup and turned his back on her. "Do you want anything to eat? I've got marmite, you can have toast."

Annie narrowed her eyes on his back. Did Sean mean Jared, had she told him about her fiancé? Once again the uncomfortable feeling she had told him more than she should have rose within her. Annie wasn't a hardened criminal, being on the lam, keeping yourself to yourself was not a normal state of being for her. “No, I'm not hungry. In fact I should pop off home so I can change before work.”

"Annie." Sean appealed, to no effect.

Annie had climbed down and picked up her handbag. "No, I really should go, thanks for last night.” She said over her shoulder as she rushed through the open plan lounge to the front door. "It's been err..." What? The weirdest experience of her life, and she had experienced some funny old shit lately. Annie tried to open the door, it didn't budge. She pulled again. Nothing. So in frustration, she kicked it.

"It has a code" Sean pointed out calmly. A muscular arm appeared over her shoulder, fingers tapping at the keypad. The door released.

"Don't you usually have alarms to stop others getting in, not out?"