Moved On Part Twenty One

“Franci, I'm just finishing my makeup and I'll be right out.” Annie called as she heard the woman come into the house. Sean had left for a meet about half hour before. Annie on the other hand, was running late.

Angling her face in the dressing table mirror, she grimaced at the too heavy coverage, a tube of pillar box red lipstick sat on the dresser. Raising it to her lips, she paused. Why was she going for the full siren look when she was only going grocery shopping? Why, after a morning of an intense physical activity that gave her a very natural glow, did she feel the need to hide behind a thick mask of makeup?

Embarrassment and shame.

Had Sean filled her head so completely, that she'd failed to remember her ex fiancé? The man she'd planned to marry, have children with, the same man who’d happily sold her for filthy lucre.

She should have been crushed for life, but she wasn't. Instead of hanging her head and admitting to consummate defeat, she'd got herself a job, arrogantly patted herself on the back for coping. That hadn't meant coping with a broken heart, there had been no broken heart! Annie hadn't emotionally invested in Jared any more than he had in her. They'd never argued because Annie had been a lapdog, pretty, petted, hungry for love and all its accoutrements. Jared had been the white knight saving her from grief and despair, and all with pseudo gallantry.

Sean, on the other hand was a villainous mercenary, who took what he wanted with dauntless determination.

Much more honesty there.

Sighing, she slicked scarlet over her kiss plumped lips. Was she so capricious she'd transferred all her affection to Sean in little over a fortnight?

And how, Annie questioned, pencilling a beauty spot above her lip, could she trust her own judgement? She didn't know, all she knew was that life was better with Sean.

Leaving her bedroom, she walked past the kitchen into the living room. "I'm ready now, where do you think we should go?" Annie said to the housekeeper.

Franci didn't answer, her attention fixed to the television. Drawing closer, Annie saw why.

Sean had made a gif of Annie flashing her breasts to the camera. A line of text appeared over her nipples, threatening, "Take the credit card Annie or this goes viral."

Backing up a few steps Annie picked up the card from the kitchen counter with a smile. She would take his card alright, and Sean can learn what happens when you insist on riling a woman with access to your money.

###

The sound of Cuban music pounding through the walls almost deafened Sean, he tripped over a pink welcome mat that definitely hadn't been there this morning.

On catching sight of the living room, he wondered whether this was the wrong house? It wasn't just copiously accented with shocking pink, it was speaking another language. How could a kitchen look salacious? In his eight hours absence, it looked like Annie, and it had to be Annie, had turned his home into a tarts palace!

And that wasn't all, his housekeeper was dancing a frantic salsa with a man, Sean knew for a fact, wasn't her husband. He didn't know Franci could move her arse like that, if he thought about it, he still didn't want to know. Who was that man, what had they done to his house and where the fuck was Annie?

Hot, tired and in need of a shower, or a bath, yes, a bath with Annie in it, scrubbing his back and anything else Sean could think of... and he could think of quite a lot. Walking through the living area, he stopped at the doorway to her bedroom.