•Chapter one•

Lance sat up and yawned, looking over at the sleeping Keith made him smile slightly. The latest mission allura set them on was exhausting, thankfully she let the paladins go back to earth for a bit, A month to be exact. Lance and Keith were forced to share an apartment, unknown to them that everyone else had their own apartment.

Lance rubbed and squinted his eyes, being woken up by Keith's phone ringing. Lance looked over at the sound asleep male and sighed, rubbing the back of his neck and checking Keith's phone. The first thing he saw was the 6 dead group chats Lance was never invited to. He frowned at the thought that they intentionally ignored forgot about him. He continued looking through Keith's phone, not really caring that it wasn't okay to look through someone else's stuff. Lance saw Keith's thousands of texts with hunk, thinking back to the last time hunk texted him... about a month. Now that he was thinking about it, he hadn't gotten any texts from the paladins.

Lance put the phone down and sighed, closing his eyes and thinking about the ones he thought of as friends. He opened his eyes and stared up at the dark ceiling, the light from the patio illuminating the inside of their room. Tears started to blur lance's vision as he thought about how he had lost all of his friends to someone they didn't even know well. Lance brought his hands up to his face, the sleeves of his shirt riding up his arms to expose the hundreds of healed and reopened scars on his wrists. He covered his mouth as he cried, not wanting to wake up the sleeping boy beside him.

Lance started sobbing into the palms of his hands, clinching his eyes shut as tears ran down his tan cheeks. The sound woke up Keith, who soon sat up and rubbed his eyes. He looked down at the crying boy and furrowed his brows, "Lance...?" He whispered out, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"E-Everyone h-hates me" Lance sobbed, got tears running down the sides of his face. Keith frowned and shook his head.

"I don't hate you" he admitted, smiling reassuringly.

"G-go away" Lance whimpered, sitting up and wiping the tears out of his eyes as he sat up. looking through his drawers, Lance pulled out a small box and put it in his pocket. Keith frowned at the paladin and shook his head.

"Fine. I'll leave you alone..." he looked down at the bed and sighed, "if that's what you really want.."

"It is." Lance said coldly as he went up to the bathroom door, giving Keith one finial glace before he went in. Keith rolled his eyes and laid back down, trying to sleep.

Once Keith was finally asleep a sound jolted him awake, the sound of something hitting the floor sent chills down his spine. Keith sat up quickly and ran to the bathroom door, turning the door nob, knowing that Lance did something bad. "Let me in!!" Keith demanded as he pressed against the locked door. The smaller boy growled and kicked open the door to a horrible sight.

All the color drained from Keith's face as he saw an unconscious Lance, bleeding out from his wrists. Keith immediately dropped to his knees, trying to stop the bleeding by putting pressure on the wounds. "God damnit lance!" Keith cursed, tearing up and shaking his head as he continued struggling with the blood.

Once Keith was able to stop the bleeding he took a second to inspect lance's body for any more cuts. His eyes widened at the number of scars on his body, some self inflicted and some from his childhood. Keith chewed on his bottom lip as he asked himself why he did it.

Lance's body was pale and shaky, whimpering every so often. Keith cradled him in his arms, trying to calm him down by humming a song he knew Lance liked. Keith didn't like the idea of Lance being so fragile, it made him feel like a dick for how many times he had gotten in fights with Lance. Keith sighed and kissed lance's forehead as he closed his eyes, leaning up against the counter as he continued humming. Keith slowly, but surly, fell asleep with Lance in his arms.

___________________
AN

//how was it?! First time not writing a one shot and first time writing a klance fic so I would like some feedback, please. Tell me if you actually want more of this story or not. Well... thank
You for reading!!\\