The Calm After The Storm

(Karoshi's Point Of View)

I woke up the next day, one arm around Aijou. He was still asleep. I looked at the covers which were half off of my body. I quickly pulled them back over me just in case someone had decided to barge in, unannounced. I had decided that since I was already up, I would get dressed and make Aijou breakfast. While in the kitchen, I heard Aijou walk in. I looked at him and smiled.

Me:You're awake. I was actually going to bring you breakfast in bed.

Aijou:Trust me, I didn't want to get up. My back hurts.

Me:Sorry. But that wouldn't have happened if you hadn't kissed me. 

Aijou blushed. If I didn't have any self-control, I would have attacked him right then and there. 

Aijou:Well...I was just...it was the mood. 

Me:Then should I start up the mood again? 

I grabbed his arm and pulled him to me. He was still blushing. I was about to kiss him until Renshi walked in. 

Renshi:Please don't do that in the kitchen. You already did it in the bedroom. 

Aijou:Y-you heard us?! 

Renshi:I wish I hadn't. 

Me:Oh. Sorry Renshi. 

Renshi:Just wait to do that when I'm out of the house and somewhere else. 

I had to laugh. Renshi and Aijou looked at me in confusion. While I was still laughing, Toma had walked through the door and into the kitchen. 

Toma:Hey guys. 

Renshi:Well look who finally showed up. Where have you been? 

Toma:Sick. My brother caught a cold and the idiot gave it to me. So, what did I miss while I was gone? 

Me, Renshi, and Aijou looked at each other. Toma looked at us, confused. 

Toma:Well? Is anyone going to talk? 

Me:Umm. You didn't miss much. Let's just say sirens wailed and so did someone else. 

I looked at Aijou who blushed furiously. Renshi started laughing while Toma had on a blank expression. 

Toma:Umm. Right. Well, I'm just going to go just in case I'm still contagious so no one gets sick. 

Toma then left and we all stood there in silence. I went back to cooking while Renshi went to get dressed and Aijou helped me finish breakfast. After we ate, Renshi left to go to the job he had just recently been hired to so me and Aijou played video games. As always, he was beating me at it. I then had an idea. 

Me:Aijou. 

Aijou:Yea? 

Me:How about we play a different game? 

Aijou:What game? 

Me:Its a fun game. All you have to do is lie down and not do anything. 

Aijou:Huh? What kind of game is that? 

I could tell Aijou was thinking and when he figured it out, I imagined a little light bulb above his head. He looked at me with a somewhat scared look. 

Aijou:Y-you don't mean... 

I smiled and got closer to Ajou while he backed away a little. I grabbed his chin and kissed him. After a few minutes, I broke the kiss and smiled at him again. 

Me:Like Renshi said. When he's not here. 

Aijou:W-wait! Karoshi! 

Me:Sorry but I don't intend to. 

Aijou:Eep.

 Surely, this is the person who will make my life happy no matter what. He makes me laugh and smile. Aijou truly is the person I want to spent my days with.