Chapter 6: My new life

So I go down stairs with Derrick to go get food. Apparently the power was still working somehow. So I had made 3 p&j's. Gave one to Derrick, Meg and I ate one. Then Derrick got in the shower. Then I did,which he gave me his big shirt and his moms pants. Megan was still sleep and I didn't even know if she new about the zombies. Derrick then took me outside his room where Meg was sleeping. "nikki are you scared" "I mean who isn't right, but I just hope my parents are fine and my brothers and sister." I start crying again. Derrick holds me close to him again while I pour out crying. After a couple minutes I pull it together and ask Derrick if he's ok. So we had tuned to the radio. There were people saying there was a rescue/ safe area for people. So that's what we decided to do. The bad thing was that we lived in New York and had to go to California. I had looked it up, but the wifi wasn't working. I figured they would have turned everything off but I don't understand why. Anyway Derrick and I talk about how we plan on getting there, the safe house. So we pack all the food that doesn't have to be cold and pack so many waters and juice and cup. Then we go to his pantry to get the gallons of gas he had in his pantry. Then we made weapons. At this point Megan was up and she was hipp to what was happening so she started to help. The weapons had to sharp knives, with a flashlight, and we all had whistles in case we were in trouble. I mean Derrick knew it was a bad idea for the whistles but that's all we had to help each other. Of course Derrick had the gun and all the bullets to go with the gun. We had made a plan to stop at the gun store and get a lot of weapons. Derrick got the truck. We all got in and drove off. The car was dead silent with no one speaking. So awkward but at the same time. Its not like anyone has something to say. We all are too scared. So we arrive at the gun store and see this person but he's not a zombie or bit. So we let him in, which turns out to be my neighbor. My neighbor had the keys to the store, so he let us in. We took all the guns we could take with an endless supply of bullets and gun powder. Derrick of course knew how to make bombs out of gun powder. So Megan was driving while I helped him. Derrick and I started to talk. "Derrick do you really think its safe, like what if the zombies are there already." Derrick looks at me and says. "Well if there are zombies there then we will have to rely on ourselves. Right when he said that a zombie was running after us and we didn't want the zombie to follow us. So I got the gun and shot the zombie right in the head. Derrick told me good job. To be your first zombie. I looked at him and said "what about yesterday, that was all me with the bat" "Ummm im sure I killed that zombie" "oh you wish." We start laughing and then see a huge gate coming out of New York. It has dead soldiers everywhere. We had got out the car and saw a huge wave of zombies coming. Everyone was shooting and then  these people helped us. They brought us in their place and asked us where were we going. We told them about the safe place in California. They wanted to come. But that night we all went to sleep at their house. I started to talking derrick again. "derrick" "yea" "do you hear them" "hear who?" We ran outside. The people we trusted took the truck and left. We were so angry. Derrick started screaming and throwing things. I told him to chill or the zombies would hear us. So that day we made up a new plan to walk to California.

This is the end of this chapter. Hope you enjoyed this so far.