CHAPTER 1: The Past Is The Past!?

●ANNIE

        I need to get out of here. I thought to myself while packing. I can't stay here any longer. Not when there's too many painful memories. 

       Besides, I no longer have any family here anyways. So there's nothing really keeping me. 

        After my parents died in a car accident when I was seven, I went to live with my aunt. She helped raise me and get me through school. Especially Beauty School. 

        I wasn't able to get a job at a salon because right after I graduated, my aunt got sick and up until a few months ago, I was taking care of her every single day. 

        I don't have much money. Just enough to get me to New Hampshire. My best friend, Rachelle, has offered me to come live with her in her two bedroom apartment and to be one of her top Stylists in her salon. 

        We met each other a few years ago at a Beauty Convention and seemed to hit it off and have been best friends ever since. 

        We've talked every day and she was even here for my aunts funeral and asked me then, if I wanted to come live with her. To which of course, I couldn't think about it at the time. Though on the other hand, she couldn't drop it. So as of a few days ago, I finally decided that I needed a new start. So I accepted her offer and am now getting ready to grab the few bags I have and fly out there.

*****************************************

        After I got my bags from the baggage claim area, I waited outside of the airport on the curb, looking for Rachelle who said she'd pick me up (ten minutes ago). However, she was still not here. Which wasn't like her. 

        I was about to text her, to make sure she remembered. But right as I was about to, I heard car tires screeching. The next thing I know, she pulls up quickly in front of me and comes at a complete and abrupt stop. 

        She hurriedly gets out and runs up to me and gives me a big bear hug. 

        "I'm sorry, Love." She says. "I had some last minute things at the Salon and lost track of time."

        "It's fine." I chuckled. "I just am glad that you are OK."

        She takes a step back real quick and looks me up and down and says "My god, girl! You look great as always." She smiles. 

        "Thanks." I laugh. "So do you."

        "Here. Let me get your bags real quick and we'll get going." She offers while taking my suitcase and two duffel bags. 

        "Thanks." I say. 

        After putting my things in the trunk and getting in the car, we start driving on the freeway. More like speeding. I swear, every time I was in a car with her I thought we would get into an accident or something. Though one of her favorite movies has always been The Fast and The Furious. 

        I tried not to think about it as much. Then her cell phone rang. 

        She answered the call through the blue tooth in her car and a deep sexy voice came through the phone, sounding a little upset. 

        "What the hell do you want Jay?!" She answers. 

        "Don't use that tone with me Sis. I need you to drop off the envelope that was sent to the Salon today!"

        I just picked up my friend and we're headed back to my pla...." She stopped. 

        Drop it off at the clubhouse on your way!" He interrupted and then hung up. 

        "My god. He's an asshole sometimes." She says. 

        "I didn't know you had a brother?" I said while trying not to sound interested. Though his voice did sound hot. 

        "Yeah, I do." She says letting out a sigh. 

        "Do you not get a long with him?" I ask. 

       "No, I do. It's just that he can be a real big asshole at times." She laughs. 

        "So, if you want to, since it's on the way, I can either drop you off at the apartment and come back to help you unpack or you can go with me to run and drop this off for him. Then head back to the apartment."

        "I'll go with you." I answered.