CHAPTER 15: Please Don't......

ANNIE

        The picnic was so romantic and a really nice gesture. And the sex, OMG. Can we say, sex god?

         I definitely forgot about Gabriel and the phone call. Though he kept trying to blow up my phone with missed calls and texting me. To which I just kept ignoring and deleting them for the next few days.

        Til today, when I was at the mall. I was shopping for some clothes and I heard a ding come from my phone to let me know I have a new text message. I thought it was Jay or Rachelle. But again, I was wrong.

         That's when I saw a message on my phone that read:

  UNKNOWN NUMBER: Nice outfit!

       I immediately tried hard to look around me though I was inside a clothing store in the changing room.

       I messaged him back.

ME: LEAVE ME ALONE!!

       I replied while getting scared. I know he is here. How else would he have known what I was wearing? Then again, he could have had just one of his guys take a picture of me and send it to him.

         Though as I looked around, I couldn't see anyone. Other than the other shoppers and Bones, who was waiting for me right outside of the store. So pretty much, I'm trying to figure out, WTF?!

        For the rest of the day, I decided to try and forget about it and not be so paranoid. Because I knew I was safe and besides, I still needed to try and figure out how I was going to tell Jay about Gabriel. Now that he was in town, I had to tell him.

*****************************************

         After being gone for most of the day, I finally got home and as soon as I walked into the house, Rachelle quickly embraced me with a hug.

        "There you are." She said, sounding relieved.

        "Yes. I'm here." I reply sounding confused.

        "We were so worried about you" She says.

        Is she OK? Is she drunk or high? What is going on? I thought to myself.

       "What's going on Rachelle?" I ask.

        "You better go see Jay, in his office." She says. "He will tell you everything."

         She then left and headed with Knockout towards his bedroom while trying to fight back some tears.

         I didn't know what was going on or happening. Did somebody die? I thought.

        The door was already half opened. So I stepped inside as I heard Jay talking with someone on the phone.

         "I've gotta call you back." He says while looking at me and going from an angry look to a calmer look.

        We both smile at one another and he comes and wraps his arms around me while kissing me passionately deep.

         He then pulls his head back a little bit and looks at me while lightly stroking the side of my face with his thumb and smiling.

         "I'm so glad you're OK." He says.

         "I'm fine. What's going on Jay?" I asked a little worried.

        "Sit down." He says while closing the door and walking over towards his chair behind the desk. Lighting a cigarette and rubbing his eyes a little bit with his hand.
He then lets out a sigh real quick before talking.

        "I need you to stay here at all times. It isn't safe anymore for you to be outside." He begins.

       "Why?" I ask though I may already know the answer already.

       He takes a long drag from his cigarette before continuing.

       "Cause somebody is trying to come after me and my club. There's this enemy of ours that for years has been trying to destroy me so that he could take over. He used to be part of this gang until he started to fuck up. I couldn't kill him. Though I wanted to. However, my dad wouldn't let me. He's my step brother." He takes another drag from the cigarette. "Now, for the past four years since he was kicked out of the club, he wants to finish what he started with the gang he built for the past few years." He pauses for a moment to take a final big drag from his cigarette before putting it out in the overflowing already with cigarette butts ash tray. "I got a text from an anonymous number a couple of days ago. Telling me I have something...or someone that he wants. But he is so fucking crazy, he thinks that I'm protecting one of his properties named Samantha. Though I told him I don't know anybody by that name. However, he wants a war. And that is what will happen soon. And I just can't...." he pauses while trying to hold in tears and act tough, "I can't lose you. I don't know what I would do if anything were to ever happen to you." He looks at me with pain in his eyes.

          I look at him feeling upset, scared, worried and so many other things.

          I knew after he said Samantha, he was talking about Gabriel. And I knew that now was the best time to tell him. Except before I could, Grim bursts through the door.

         "Oh my god we need to go to the hospital! Caroline's water just broke!" He called out.

         Both Jay and I looked at each other and then we all headed out and followed Grim's car to the hospital.

Awwww. Babies!!! :)

Anywho, next chapter!