8

One year later
Grayson's hand is sweating in mine. I lightly squeeze his hand as a reassurance. Nerves always get to him during these appointments.
"Grayson Dolan," a nurse calls. He walks to the nurse. They make their way towards a physical therapy room.

Grayson's been doing physical therapy for a month now. He can walk with crutches! I'm so proud of him! This means that Grayson being paralyzed won't last for much longer!
Ethan and Avery are becoming friends. They've found many similarities between them within this month. They are really close. Still as friends, but I could see them together in the future. 

*Trigger warning*
My stomach turns, twisting into thousands of knots. Something feels out of place. A man wearing all black stumbles into the room. He's clearly drunk. Something sticks out of his pocket. A black handle. Shit! It's a gun.
"How may I help you?" The desk lady asks. He pulls the gun out of his pocket. 
"I'm only gonna ask you once. Open the  cash register," he slurs the end of his words. Instead of going for the register, she goes for a button. Before she can reach it, there's a loud gunshot. I jump in my seat. Screams fill the room. A little girl cries as her mom cradled her. Next thing I see is the lady on the ground holding her stomach. Dark red blood seeps through her fingers. A nurse runs to help her. The man has his gun on the nurse.
"Open the register. Touch her and I will shoot you too," he says. Immediately, I dial 911 on my phone.
"Nine-one-one. What's your emergency?" A women asks through the phone.
"There's a man with a gun. He's shot a lady and threatening to shoot another," I whisper. I hear another gunshot and more screams. I don't look over, because I know what I'm going to see.
"What's the address?" She asks.
"It's-"
"What the hell do you think your doing?" The man asks and walks over to me. He rips my phone from my hand and puts the gun up to my head.