Friends first

Jasmine's POV:

I was so tired and all I wanted to do was be with Zack.

My mom wasn't home but Frankie was.

"Do you know when mom's coming home?" I asked Frankie as usual, interrupting his video games. "She's at work isn't she?" He said. "No she's off today."

"Oh well I don't know, why?"

"I need to ask her something." I said starting to walk away. "What is it?"
"None of your business."

"Actually it is my business."

"You're irrelevant." I hollered from upstairs.

I waited for her to get home and which took a while but she finally came home.

"So mom, do you still plan on going up to the cottage this weekend?"

"Yes are you going to come?"

"Yeah I was planning on it but I was wondering if I could bring Zack."

"What?!"

I heard Frankie say who was clearly eavesdropping from another room.

"Sure! That's a great idea." She said enthusiastically. "What? What the hell?"

"What's your problem?" I said to Frankie. "Why is he going?"

"Because he's my boyfriend..." I said to him with sass thinking about his stupid question. "Well what if I want to go."

"Well you can't bring your video game set up there." Our mom teased.
"What about Chandler? Bring him!"

"Why do you always bring him up when we're talking about Zack?" I wondered.

"I don't! I just think you should bring him instead

"I don't! I just think you should bring him instead."

"That's because you want him to come."

"Uh, that's exactly it."

"Well that's not happening."

"But he's your best friend friends come first."

I paused for a moment and thought. "I know. But he understands we don't spend that much time together any more because-"

"Because you have a boyfriend?" Frankie finished my sentence. "Exactly." I shrugged awkwardly. "Jasmine do you hear how silly that sounds! You can't cut Chandler off!"  He said. "I'm not cutting him off! That's not what I meant! I love Chandler, I would never do that. I can't believe you think I would do that."

"It's not personal. You just need to wake up a little." He said. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing." He said looking like he was about to say something else but then walked away.

" He said looking like he was about to say something else but then walked away