Lies

Jasmine's POV:

My 19th birthday was next week and I wanted to celebrate it with family and friends at the house.  I needed to let my invites know. I wanted to let Chandler to know first so I called him.

"Hello." His charming voice answered. "Hi what are you doing?" I said plopping down on my bed. "Nothing I was just with Cody and Marcus earlier, how about you?"

"I went out with Nikki earlier but I'm home now and you know my birthday's next week, you better be free."

"I've never missed your birthday."

"I know." I smiled helplessly. One of the things I loved about Chandler was that he always put me first. "So what are you doing, like a party or something?"

"Yeah just here with friend's and family."

"Sounds wicked." He paused for a moment. "That was lame." He laughed a little sounding embarrassed. "That's cause' you are lame." I teased laughing a bit too. "Yeah whatever." He teased back.

"So everything's okay?" I asked him. "yeah... what do you mean?"

"I'm just worried, you've been acting different for a while."

"No, Jas... I'm good... I'm good." I closed my eyes and sighed.

"I'm coming over."

"What?!" he sounded alarmed. "You heard me, see you in two minutes." I hung up before he could stop me. I threw on my white converse and speed walked across. I knocked on the door and a few moments later he opened it.

"Chandler we do this all the time you know you can't hide shit from me-" I said while walking right in and turned to him when he closed the door behind me. My jaw dropped.

"Chandler... what the fuck happened to your eye?!" I said looking at his bruising black yellow eye that had a yellow colour to it. "Ugh its no deal I just fell off my bike." He said leaning against the door with his hands behind his back. "Your'e lying again! I don't even know why you try, you know how well I know you, what really happened? Did someone do this to you? Did you get into a fight?"

"No, no Jas please don't worry about it."

"Well if you fell of your bike then what the hell did you hit?"

"I don't know it happened so fast." He said avoiding eye contact.

It was so obvious that he was lying

It was so obvious that he was lying. I looked at him sadly. There was something going on with him and it really worried me that he wouldn't even open up to me about it. It hurt because I felt like I was bothering him  Usually he eventually tells me whats going on but he's been this way for almost a month. 

"Chandler please I hate seeing you like this. You can tell me whats going on, you know I won't tell anyone." I said looking into his blue eyes. "Is it your friends? Is it me?"

 "Is it your friends? Is it me?"

"No!" he said right away. That was relieving. "What is it then?" I said softy with concern. "Is it Zack? Do you not like him?" He didn't say no but he shook his head with out looking at me. I accepted the fact that he wasn't going to tell me.

"Okay." I said sadly which made him look up at me. "I hope what ever is wrong gets fixed and that you won't push me away." I said trying not to cry. I grabbed the door knob to leave and walked out. "Jas?" He said making me stop on the front porch and turn around. "Thank you. It's okay." he said. "Okay." I sighed. "goodnight."

I was about to go inside my house when I saw Zack sitting on my front porch. "Oh you scared me." I smiled a little. "Sorry but I wanted to know what you wanted to do for your birthday next week." He said standing up and grabbing my hands. "Actually I was about to tell you that I'm having a big party with family and friends and you of course."

"Oh okay, we can do something alone after."

"Sure." I said with a small smile. He went to kiss me but I wasn't really in the mood. "What's wrong?" He sensed. "You don't want to kiss me?"

"What? It's... not that." I said with trying not to sound dull. "It's just Chandler."

"What did he do?" He said defensively. "No nothing to me." I defended back. "There's something going on with him. He's been acting weird for the past month. He hasn't been himself and he's been... I don't know...sad and it makes me sad. Especially because I don't know what's going on and he won't tell me. I'm worried about him. He's hiding something."

"He's probably fine and just over reacting. It's his problem if he doesn't want to tell you. It's obviously not a big deal." I was a little shocked by what Zack just said. "Oh... well I don't think he's over reacting he's doing the opposite; acting like he's okay and he's clearly not. He has a big black eye and he says it was from falling off his bike but I know that's bull shit."

"Oh, maybe he did. Or maybe he caused trouble with someone else."

What the hell was he saying?

"Um no... Chandler is the worst at lying, he's my best friend and would never cause trouble with anyone, he wouldn't hurt a fly."

I didn't like what Zack was saying.

"Maybe he's jealous." He said. Okay now I was really offended. "What? No! That's ridiculous."

"I think so. With guys like him it's not surprising."

"What's that supposed to mean? It seems like your'e making Chandler the bad guy." I defended. "There's a bad guy? If you think I'm making him the bad guy then are you thinking that I'm the bad guy?"

"No of course not." I said shaking my head. "It just seems like your'e saying this is Chandler's fault. Like as if there's something wrong with him."

"I'm really not I'm just trying to help you and what I meant before is that he has a hot best friend, which is you maybe he's jealous that I'm with you." I immediately wiped that thought away from my mind. "No, no it's not like that. Anyway it's over, he'll open up to me when he's ready."

There was a moment of awkward silence between us.

"Good night." I said quickly pecking his cheek and going inside for the night.

" I said quickly pecking his cheek and going inside for the night