Chapter 1: The First and Last

I flutter my eyes open as I woke up from the tapping noises I heard from the roof. I turned to my side and looked out of my window. I saw droplets of water dripping down from the window pane. It was raining. No wonder it was such a lazy day to get up from my bed. I wanna stay under these cozy blankets and fluffy pillows but I got a big day ahead. It was the very last day of school! (*^_^*) I quickly folded my sheets and went to the bathroom to take a quick shower. When I got out, I hurriedly changed and dried my hair. I wore a pair of black skinny jeans and a white band T-shirt then I took my coat off the hanger before I slid my blue high cut Converse on. I wasn't that much of a preppy chick you'd expect like the ones wearing tank tops, shorts,  dresses and heels and all. I was more of a conservative type. I'd like  to wear something comfortable, simple and very far from revealing. Who the heck would even think to wear a dress in this kind of weather? Maybe someone who probably has a mental disorder. I guess.

"Alice, you can come down now. Breakfast is ready." my Mom called which brought me back from my thoughts.

"Be there in a sec, Mom." I responded as I took my bag then left my room. As I went to join my Mom at our dining table, I couldn't help but wonder where Dad went so I asked her.

"He's out on a business trip. He said he's not going to be home for a few months." she told me with a frowning expression but her mouth managed to curve into a small smile. Bummer, I was really hoping to bond with them this summer vacation but that couldn't happen without my Dad. "Don't worry, he said he'll try to call and check us up if he had some free time with his schedule." Mom said as if she read my mind.

As I finished my breakfast, I turned to my Mom and said my goodbyes, "I need to go now, Cassie is waiting for me at the coffee shop. Thanks for the food Mom :) I love you." then I  headed for the door as I took my umbrella and left.

♥×=========================∞=========================×♥

I was walking on the sidewalk when I felt that it suddenly started to rain harder. I was about to enter a nearby coffee shop to meet my best friend Cassie when I saw a tall guy, maybe a few years older than me. He was leaning on a post not far away from where I was standing. He was starting to get soaked and apparently, he doesn't have an umbrella. I move in closer so I could discern his face. I was taken aback when I saw his features. His hair was black with a tint of brown that was slightly pushed up from the front to the right backside of his head. It was a little bit curly which made it looked a bit messy. His eyes were lighter than the shade of hazel which was undeniably complimented by the color of his hair. His nose were the finest nostrils I've ever seen in my life and his lips were perfectly curved. There was really something different about this guy, he's somewhat almost perfect. This was the first time didn't feel so different from everyone. It's like he's somehow the same as me. When I saw his face, it looked fresh and calming. He somehow looked nice, I assumed. As I paced closely to him, I felt the sudden urge to lend him my umbrella. He's getting wet after all and I thought he might need it right now cause everyone was clearing off the area since it was raining really hard. I was never really bothered by the weather. Considering the fact that I wasn't human and I don't get sick. We were the only ones left so I mustered up all the courage I have to ask him if he needs some shed.

"Uh...uhmm I saw you were getting soaked up so figured that you needed some shed." I utter softly and smiled as I lift my umbrella to shed us from the rain. He looked startled to find me holding the umbrella just above his head.

I was about to invite him inside the coffee shop to dry off when he spat a response, "Go away, I don't need a shed." his eyes rolled in frustration and a hint of annoyance in his voice. I was appalled when I heard his harsh remark. Who does he think he is? I was just lending him a hand and this is how he's going to thank me?

"Who do you even think you are? I figured that you might be needing some help so I came here. I was just trying to help." I spat back in annoyance with his behavior.

"I never asked you to come here. Look, I don't need your help. Now would you please shut your mouth and leave?" he ruthlessly snapped back. The nerve of this guy, he's really exasperating. If I'd have a chance to strangle someone, It would be him.

"Fine! If you don't want want my help, it's my pleasure to leave. Oh, and I hope you'll get sick!" (>_<) I angrily left him standing as the weather continued to get worst. He deserves to get sick, I really hate that guy. I thought he was nice enough to acknowledge my help and thank me for my good deed, but I was never this wrong my whole life. (҂⌣̀_⌣́)

-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,-,

End of Chapter 1 :) So, did you like it? Comment what you think and if I'll receive great feed backs, I'll be trying to update everyday for the story. Ciao! x (,,◕ ⋏ ◕,,)/